OT - Welcome and Happy Birthday 'Balls!

Old Jul 7, 11, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, ICH Platinum, SPG Gold
OT - Welcome and Happy Birthday 'Balls!

Imagine my surprise yesterday, when I get back to T3 and go through passport control, only to be wished a happy birthday by the lady on the desk.......finally the taxes may be worth it????

Thank you HMRC!
Old Jul 7, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
I know your birthday
Happy birthday Golden [email protected]!

Once, on BA F LHR-SFO, on my birthday, all the way from check-in to getting out of immigration at SFO, I was wished happy birthday when the person saw my passport. There was probably something printed on the manifest as the 3 crew approached me and wished me a happy birthday and had perfect service during the whole flight.
Old Jul 7, 11, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
To my surprise, I was welcomed with 'Happy Birthday' by the Border person when arriving at STN once.

I was miserable - those immigration queues at STN with no IRIS (and me with no chipped passport) are almost intolerable. The welcome even cheered me up for a moment - until the wait for the baggage recovery ... Oh, well.
Old Jul 7, 11, 6:04 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
To my surprise, I was welcomed with 'Happy Birthday' by the Border person when arriving at STN once.

I was miserable - those immigration queues at STN with no IRIS (and me with no chipped passport) are almost intolerable. The welcome even cheered me up for a moment - until the wait for the baggage recovery ... Oh, well.
Delivery, surely?
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
That's nice.

I guess the immigration chaps are human too!
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:35 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Nice! My first ever trip to Brazil was the day before my birthday, the lady on immigration said to me as she handed back my passport "have a good birthday tomorrow".
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I got wished happy birthday by Homeland Security at JFK once - it proved to me that at least one of them is human, and has manners. It bowled me over though - soooooo not the norm @ US immigration - he even starting giving recomendations of where to go in Manhattan to celebrate...

Search this Thread