Search

241 Amex Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Blue, VS Silver
241 Amex Question

Hi FT,

"Another" Amex 241 query which I hope someone can help/clarify as can't quite work it out from the T&C's and don't yet have the miles to cash in on what I want to do but will do before the end of the year to warrant a phone call to BA but looking at possible flight options now (I know availability could change)

Anyway as for the qu:

I am aware I have to redeem on BA only flights and for miles only but what I am not sure on is can I redeem a 241 on a trip across the pond to a BA destination but then book (through BA) a transfer to an onward destination via a OW partner not served directly by BA

e.g I am thinking Miami over NYEVE would be good but no availability, can I book LHR/JFK on the 241 and then pay cash for AA transfer down to Miami through the same booking (to protect the routing) or have to do them on seperate bookings and then run the risks if there are delays of missing connections and having to buy a flexi ticket or new ticket if I miss the orignal connection ?

Following on from the above I know having experienced personally if you miss a connection due to the original opreator then they have to re-route you but is this also true if bookings are made seperate but airlines are part of the same alliance e.g OW ? -

Apologies if this is obvious but just getting my handle on all the airline T&C's etc being and avid lurker on FT but not seen this mentioned

Last edited by FlyingJoker; Jul 7, 2011 at 10:48 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by FlyingJoker
Hi FT,

"Another" Amex 241 query which I hope someone can help/clarify as can't quite work it out from the T&C's and don't yet have the miles to cash in on what I want to do but will do before the end of the year to warrant a phone call to BA but looking at possible flight options now (I know availability could change)

Anyway as for the qu:

I am aware I have to redeem on BA only flights and for miles only but what I am not sure on is can I redeem a 241 on a trip across the pond to a BA destination but then book (through BA) a transfer to an onward destination via a OW partner not served directly by BA

e.g I am thinking Miami over NYEVE would be good but no availability, can I book LHR/JFK on the 241 and then pay cash for AA transfer down to Miami through the same booking (to protect the routing) or have to do them on seperate bookings and then run the risks if there are delays of missing connections and having to buy a flexi ticket or new ticket if I miss the orignal connection ?

Following on from the above I know having experienced personally if you miss a connection due to the original opreator then they have to re-route you but is this also true if bookings are made seperate but airlines are part of the same alliance e.g OW ? -

Apologies if this is obvious but just getting my handle on all the airline T&C's etc being and avid lurker on FT but not seen this mentioned
You cannot mix and match paid and redemption on the same booking.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Briefly went through some of the 65 pages on the 2-4-1 master thread but could not find my answer. So this being the latest thread hence....

Is it possible to change the inbound flight on a 2-4-1 redemption after its been flown?

We now want to fly back on different dates.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:43 am

lallyr, no, you can not change the inbound after the outbound has been flown. Changes are only permitted up to 24 hours before the outbound.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by heckenhocker
lallyr, no, you can not change the inbound after the outbound has been flown. Changes are only permitted up to 24 hours before the outbound.
Ouch so if I can't use that ticket then I loose it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.