FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Reward booking is not changable - why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1234351-reward-booking-not-changable-why.html)

ComputerCommuter Jul 7, 2011 12:58 am

Reward booking is not changable - why?

I made a reward booking the other day for flights in August. CE, for myself, Mrs CC and 8mths old CC.

When I've made reward booking before, the ticket has been flexible and I've been able to change to date/time before departure and on the odd occasion, cancel when necessary. However this booking has both cancel and change greyed out, and so is inflexible. Not even change for a fee. Any thoughts on why? I may need to alter my dates as it happens. There is nothing unusual about the booking, no special requirements, meals etc Straight point to point CE flight

dnajockey Jul 7, 2011 1:30 am

I don't know why but I'm pretty sure it dosn't mean the booking is inflexable, just that ba.com is not up to it.

wind-blownmind Jul 7, 2011 1:36 am

Where are you looking in MMB? I've noticed on a current MFU booking that the change/upgrade/cancel options shown under each individual flight are greyed out, but there are other links towards the bottom and right side of the screen that do work. Not sure why.

ComputerCommuter Jul 7, 2011 4:50 am

Originally Posted by wind-blownmind (Post 16684942)
Where are you looking in MMB? I've noticed on a current MFU booking that the change/upgrade/cancel options shown under each individual flight are greyed out, but there are other links towards the bottom and right side of the screen that do work. Not sure why.

In MMB, there are some quick links at the bottom. They're all greyed out. which is odd for such a booking.

and talking about being greyed out, I have never, ever been able to upgrade a booking with miles. Not even tomorrow full fare WT+, or for that matter last weeks full fare Y to Prague. It is always greyed out, not matter what fare category. Maybe I should start to get paranoid about the BA gremlins are out to get me.

cornishsimon Jul 7, 2011 4:56 am

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter (Post 16684857)
I made a reward booking the other day for flights in August. CE, for myself, Mrs CC and 8mths old CC.

When I've made reward booking before, the ticket has been flexible and I've been able to change to date/time before departure and on the odd occasion, cancel when necessary. However this booking has both cancel and change greyed out, and so is inflexible. Not even change for a fee. Any thoughts on why? I may need to alter my dates as it happens. There is nothing unusual about the booking, no special requirements, meals etc Straight point to point CE flight

my booking in December LHR-EWR JFK-LHR had these options greyed out, however i wanted to change to JFK on the outbound and a call to you first sorted it out over the phone with no problem at all

cs

Mountain Trader Jul 7, 2011 5:26 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 16685309)
my booking in December LHR-EWR JFK-LHR had these options greyed out, however i wanted to change to JFK on the outbound and a call to you first sorted it out over the phone with no problem at all

cs

I know you can (sometimes) talk a phone agent out of a fee, but does anyone know what the actual rules are? Phone changes are $70 and online ones are free. So can any reservation be changes online for free, even one originally made over the phone?

clubman Jul 7, 2011 5:27 am

Very common for the change/cancel options to be out (and been discussed here over and over again), but it means nothing other than that you're going to have to call to make the change.

Nothing has changed with the T&C of miles bookings.

cornishsimon Jul 7, 2011 5:31 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 16685385)
Very common for the change/cancel options to be out (and been discussed here over and over again), but it means nothing other than that you're going to have to call to make the change.

Nothing has changed with the T&C of miles bookings.

And if you explain to the phone agent that the online option is greyed out they wont charge you !

cs

clubman Jul 7, 2011 5:40 am

Correct, though the OP is a GCH so wouldn't get charged anyway.

cornishsimon Jul 7, 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 16685431)
Correct, though the OP is a GCH so wouldn't get charged anyway.

;) I should really take more notice !!!

ned Jul 7, 2011 9:22 am

Are the number of changes to “date and time” unlimited? I seem to remember reading that “date and time” changes were limited to one change for free and after that the $70 fee would apply.

jameslon Jul 7, 2011 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter (Post 16684857)

I have a similar problem although it extends to several bookings - not able to change date or cancel online. My GF has the same. I therefore suspect it affects many. The issues seem to have been coincident with the introduction of the new interface. Btw, is it only me that thinks the new interface is worse than the original? :rolleyes:

clubman Jul 7, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ned (Post 16686469)
Are the number of changes to “date and time” unlimited?

Yes.