FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   So close to Concorde :( (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1233731-so-close-concorde.html)

cshaw101 Jul 6, 2011 10:37 am

So close to Concorde :(

I calculated that I will fall 85 tp short of Concorde room status :( what a sad day. Should I talk with BA or am I SOL?

Thanks fellow flyers :)
cody

clubman Jul 6, 2011 10:43 am

Just do a Tier/Milage run...

Jimmie76 Jul 6, 2011 10:44 am

Originally Posted by cshaw101 (Post 16680578)
I calculated that I will fall 85 tp short of Concorde room status :( what a sad day. Should I talk with BA or am I SOL?

Thanks fellow flyers :)
cody

Can you not do a short TP run somewhere? You might talk to BA and they might be nice but don't hold your breath.

Sixth Freedom Jul 6, 2011 10:46 am

To be honest I would not really worry about it.

You must be GGL already, with access to almost everything BA can offer including the Galleries First.

It is only an airport lounge after all, and I dare say that if I did enough flying to earn a CCR card I would probably not want to spend much time in airport lounges anyway.

potakas Jul 6, 2011 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 16680646)

It is only an airport lounge after all, and I dare say that if I did enough flying to earn a CCR card I would probably not want to spend much time in airport lounges anyway.

Or you fly only on F, so you don't need it :D

As others said, make a phone-call and if they say no, then TP run.

YClass Jul 6, 2011 11:15 am

For the ease of turning right after security, and a calmer place to eat with much better F&B, I would definitely do a tier point run. With checked bags, one needs to be at LHR a decent time before the flight, so might as well make that time as relaxing as possible! Whats another 85 for 5000tp anyway... lol

Lolbert Jul 6, 2011 3:48 pm

I hear that the 5,000 TP rule is being very tightly enforced with no exceptions. Apparently this has resulted in quite a culling of CCR membership.

meester69 Jul 6, 2011 5:23 pm

You can certainly ask. Otherwise a TP run seems like a wate of time to me (if not money) - it's just a room with not-quite-up-to-scratch food and fairly good booze.

cshaw101 Jul 7, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will definitely give EC a call and might possibly consider a TP run. I can fly from MCO to MIA F which would be a 40 minh flight each way and about $1000 RT.

InfiniteCycle Jul 7, 2011 8:07 am

You will spend $1000 to sit in a slightly nicer waiting room, with slightly nicer free food and drink rather than in the nice waiting room with nice free food and drink you presently use?!:confused:

Genius1 Jul 7, 2011 8:09 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle (Post 16686069)
You will spend $1000 to sit in a slightly nicer waiting room, with slightly nicer free food and drink rather than in the nice waiting room with nice free food and drink you presently use?!:confused:

If one has the funds and wishes to spend them like that, then why not? :)

InfiniteCycle Jul 7, 2011 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 16686080)

Because the OP is based in Orlando?! The waiting room isn't even local! :D

stueys Jul 7, 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle (Post 16686142)
Because the OP is based in Orlando?! The waiting room isn't even local! :D

It does seem a tad crazy....

Padmeister Jul 7, 2011 9:48 am

if the op is loaded and it makes him happy then fair play to him :D

Jimmie76 Jul 7, 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 16686080)

Agreed, if I had the funds (&TP's) I'd do it.