FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Did the rule change ever happen - Change to return MFU after outbound ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1233621-did-rule-change-ever-happen-change-return-mfu-after-outbound.html)

Frequentflyer99 Jul 6, 11 5:59 am

Did the rule change ever happen - Change to return MFU after outbound ?

I think the title says it all. This was much discussed some time back, as a change was supposed to be in the air. However, I don't remember seeing that it ever happened

2035 Jul 6, 11 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 (Post 16679004)
I think the title says it all. This was much discussed some time back, as a change was supposed to be in the air. However, I don't remember seeing that it ever happened

i

I have done it several times - not a problem. Often inventory for the return only shows up 1-2 days in advance.

clubman Jul 6, 11 6:18 am

I can second that - no problem at all.

dnajockey Jul 6, 11 6:20 am

Thirded - done it twice (SFO LHR and GRU LHR)

all ahead full Jul 6, 11 7:18 am

agreed - did it down route a copy of weeks ago when returning from DFW

littlefish Jul 6, 11 7:33 am

To those who answered in the positive. Was the change available on-line? Thru home BAEC only or were the local BAEC able to process?

Apologies to OP if this supplementary question is not helpful.

leaveamessage Jul 6, 11 8:03 am

Originally Posted by littlefish (Post 16679279)
To those who answered in the positive. Was the change available on-line? Thru home BAEC only or were the local BAEC able to process?

Phone

Also able to now change inbound on straight miles redemptions after departure of ourbound - but again, you have to phone :)

A very welcome change!

jbalmuth Jul 6, 11 9:20 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket (Post 16679413)
Phone

Also able to now change inbound on straight miles redemptions after departure of ourbound - but again, you have to phone :)

A very welcome change!

Very welcome indeed.

What exactly were you able to change (i.e. date of flight, flight time on same date, destination city etc.) and were there any extenuating circumstances (i.e. BA schedule change, irreg ops etc.)? TIA!

dnajockey Jul 6, 11 9:29 am

Originally Posted by littlefish (Post 16679279)

Not available on-line, skyped home BAEC (UK) but didn't try local centre (USA or Brazil)

Jimmie76 Jul 6, 11 10:45 am

Originally Posted by dnajockey (Post 16679825)
Not available on-line, skyped home BAEC (UK) but didn't try local centre (USA or Brazil)

+1.