LHR-YYZ trip in F

Old Jul 5, 11, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, aeroplan
LHR-YYZ trip in F

Just got home. Full report in a day or so but I gotta say it was amazing. Must have had the most amazing crew in F. Both made the trip. Have never had better crew or service in my life. Details to come
Food was Ok not great but better than I was expecting
1k and 1a fantastic
Old Jul 6, 11, 12:21 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor View Post
Just got home. Full report in a day or so but I gotta say it was amazing. Must have had the most amazing crew in F. Both made the trip. Have never had better crew or service in my life. Details to come
1k and 1a fantastic
Glad that you had a great F trip.

Despite some negative posts in other recent threads from me and others, there are some great crews.
Old Jul 6, 11, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
1k and 1a fantastic
Good to hear after some of the other negative reports. I experienced a good trip in NF to DXB in April and hoping the next one to SFO/LAX in a couple of weeks time is as good.

I wrote a TR on the DXB experience and it didn't get any response on here and some limited responses on the Trip Report forum - my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:08 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by stevie-d View Post
Good to hear after some of the other negative reports. I experienced a good my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.
I had a near faultless F return to GRU in March, NF both ways. What to say: the champagne and sandwiches in in the CR were nice; the seats were comfortable, dinner was pretty good, bed made up nicely, slept all the way to Brazil.

Who'd respond to that?

James
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by James S View Post
I had a near faultless F return to GRU in March, NF both ways. What to say: the champagne and sandwiches in in the CR were nice; the seats were comfortable, dinner was pretty good, bed made up nicely, slept all the way to Brazil.

Who'd respond to that?

James
We all like good news. Glad you had a nice flight.

But as its now cold and raining here, am wishing that I am going to Brazil.

Although you do say, near faultess??
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevie-d View Post
I wrote a TR on the DXB experience and it didn't get any response on here and some limited responses on the Trip Report forum - my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.
Sorry I have noticed and read your trip report. It was enjoyable to read, I had forgotten to comment that was the only reason.
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:23 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by origin View Post
Although you do say, near faultess??
Oh alright you forced it out of me... on the flight down it was my first NF, and we were in the middle 2 seats, row 4. No-one showed me the personal wardrobe which was a bit out of sight, so i bundled my clothes in one of the the overhead bins. That's all. On the way back we had 1A/K and one of the crew offered to show me the features of NF, including the much more acccessible personal wardrobe those seats have.

Nothing major.

James
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh alright you forced it out of me... on the flight down it was my first NF, and we were in the middle 2 seats, row 4. No-one showed me the personal wardrobe which was a bit out of sight, so i bundled my clothes in one of the the overhead bins. That's all. On the way back we had 1A/K and one of the crew offered to show me the features of NF, including the much more acccessible personal wardrobe those seats have.

Nothing major.

James
Thats not so bad! At least you know now. Planes & boatsall have little bins hidden in as many places as possible.
Old Jul 6, 11, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
1k and 1a fantastic
Glad you had a good trip, everyone now is waiting with baited breath for the TR
Old Jul 6, 11, 3:17 am

Glad you enjoyed!

I'm far more interested in your username though! Is there a thread about it somewhere?
Old Jul 6, 11, 3:50 am

Programs: BA
seems like everyone is doing YYZ in F at the moment.

*cough* TR in sig *cough*
Old Jul 6, 11, 4:18 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.

Who'd respond to that?

James
Great - I'm looking forward to my first First to GRU in a couple of weeks - hope we have a similar experience to yours.
Old Jul 6, 11, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1k and 1a fantastic
Glad you had a nice trip. Looking forward to you review.
Old Jul 6, 11, 1:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I thought I was being so original in doing YYZ in F.

As malkie says, the judges will have an unprecedented ability to compare the reports when it comes to TR of the Year 2011
Old Jul 6, 11, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA
I'll vote for you if you vote for me

Search this Thread