FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR-YYZ trip in F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1233521-lhr-yyz-trip-f.html)

aircrashsurvivor Jul 5, 2011 7:59 pm

LHR-YYZ trip in F

Just got home. Full report in a day or so but I gotta say it was amazing. Must have had the most amazing crew in F. Both made the trip. Have never had better crew or service in my life. Details to come
Food was Ok not great but better than I was expecting
1k and 1a fantastic

TravellerFrequently Jul 5, 2011 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor (Post 16677469)
Just got home. Full report in a day or so but I gotta say it was amazing. Must have had the most amazing crew in F. Both made the trip. Have never had better crew or service in my life. Details to come
1k and 1a fantastic

Glad that you had a great F trip.^

Despite some negative posts in other recent threads from me and others, there are some great crews.

stevie-d Jul 6, 2011 12:54 am

1k and 1a fantastic

Good to hear after some of the other negative reports. I experienced a good trip in NF to DXB in April and hoping the next one to SFO/LAX in a couple of weeks time is as good.

I wrote a TR on the DXB experience and it didn't get any response on here and some limited responses on the Trip Report forum - my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.

James S Jul 6, 2011 1:08 am

Originally Posted by stevie-d (Post 16678391)
Good to hear after some of the other negative reports. I experienced a good my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.

I had a near faultless F return to GRU in March, NF both ways. What to say: the champagne and sandwiches in in the CR were nice; the seats were comfortable, dinner was pretty good, bed made up nicely, slept all the way to Brazil.

Who'd respond to that?

James

origin Jul 6, 2011 1:15 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 16678436)
I had a near faultless F return to GRU in March, NF both ways. What to say: the champagne and sandwiches in in the CR were nice; the seats were comfortable, dinner was pretty good, bed made up nicely, slept all the way to Brazil.

Who'd respond to that?

James

We all like good news. Glad you had a nice flight.

But as its now cold and raining here, am wishing that I am going to Brazil.

Although you do say, near faultess??

origin Jul 6, 2011 1:17 am

Originally Posted by stevie-d (Post 16678391)
I wrote a TR on the DXB experience and it didn't get any response on here and some limited responses on the Trip Report forum - my view is people don't like good news, but will respond to any negative feedback.

Sorry I have noticed and read your trip report. It was enjoyable to read, I had forgotten to comment that was the only reason.

James S Jul 6, 2011 1:23 am

Originally Posted by origin (Post 16678453)
Although you do say, near faultess??

Oh alright you forced it out of me... on the flight down it was my first NF, and we were in the middle 2 seats, row 4. No-one showed me the personal wardrobe which was a bit out of sight, so i bundled my clothes in one of the the overhead bins. That's all. On the way back we had 1A/K and one of the crew offered to show me the features of NF, including the much more acccessible personal wardrobe those seats have.

Nothing major.

James

origin Jul 6, 2011 1:55 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 16678480)
Oh alright you forced it out of me... on the flight down it was my first NF, and we were in the middle 2 seats, row 4. No-one showed me the personal wardrobe which was a bit out of sight, so i bundled my clothes in one of the the overhead bins. That's all. On the way back we had 1A/K and one of the crew offered to show me the features of NF, including the much more acccessible personal wardrobe those seats have.

Nothing major.

James

Thats not so bad! At least you know now. Planes & boatsall have little bins hidden in as many places as possible.

BA5E Jul 6, 2011 2:14 am

1k and 1a fantastic

Glad you had a good trip, everyone now is waiting with baited breath for the TR^

fife Jul 6, 2011 2:17 am

Glad you enjoyed!

I'm far more interested in your username though! Is there a thread about it somewhere?

malkie Jul 6, 2011 2:50 am

seems like everyone is doing YYZ in F at the moment.

*cough* TR in sig *cough*

BlackBerryAddict Jul 6, 2011 3:18 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 16678436)

Who'd respond to that?

James

Great - I'm looking forward to my first First to GRU in a couple of weeks - hope we have a similar experience to yours.

origin Jul 6, 2011 4:24 am

1k and 1a fantastic

Glad you had a nice trip. Looking forward to you review.

FlyerTalker6245 Jul 6, 2011 12:04 pm

I thought I was being so original in doing YYZ in F.

As malkie says, the judges will have an unprecedented ability to compare the reports when it comes to TR of the Year 2011 :)

malkie Jul 6, 2011 1:08 pm

I'll vote for you if you vote for me ;)