FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No Bombay and No Slim! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1233241-no-bombay-no-slim.html)

PUCCI GALORE Jul 5, 2011 7:17 am

No Bombay and No Slim!

I wasin the North Lounge last week (Thursday) and they had practically no mixers at all! Those glass door fridges were almost empty. Somebody was filling them but there was absolutely no SlimLine and no Ginger Ale!

Is this the norm now in this Lounge. I do hope not. I had to drink Champagne as I am far too well mannered to make a fuss! ;)

Flying Doctor Jul 5, 2011 7:20 am

Erm - I sincerely hope not as I cannot possibly take a flight without a G&T beforehand! It would just not be right and proper! Champagne is all well and good but a nice G&T just hits the spot!
FD.

BenSenise Jul 5, 2011 7:35 am

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "slim?"
Also "blue top" that you mention in the other thread.

HIDDY Jul 5, 2011 7:43 am

Did you get out the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Rant,rant,rant.....you're beginning to sound worse than the wife.

ayeaye Jul 5, 2011 7:53 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 16673488)
I wasin the North Lounge last week (Thursday) and they had practically no mixers at all! Those glass door fridges were almost empty. Somebody was filling them but there was absolutely no SlimLine and no Ginger Ale!

Is this the norm now in this Lounge. I do hope not. I had to drink Champagne as I am far too well mannered to make a fuss! ;)

Seems to be more common now - last time I was in North lounge a couple of weeks ago waiting for a 8pm(ish) flight there was no diet coke anywhere apart from a few cans behind the food, and the fridges down by the bar were very empty with low stocks of everything.

Not sure what was going on as normally they are kept well stocked - I know it was late in the day but have been in the lounge many occasions before at the same sort of time and never had any problem.

UncleDude Jul 5, 2011 8:02 am

Pucci,

Is the North Lounge not the Lounge favoured by Elite BAEC Scottish Domestic passengers on £61 Air Fares.... You don't expect them to pay such an extortionate fare and not get to empty the Fridges and Bottles. Old habits die hard.:p

ComputerCommuter Jul 5, 2011 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Flying Doctor (Post 16673510)
without a G&T beforehand!

"a" as in singular ? obviously for medicinal purposes. :D

Originally Posted by Flying Doctor (Post 16673510)
It would just not be right and proper! Champagne is all well and good but a nice G&T just hits the spot!
FD.

agreed. A nice G&T always hits the spot better than any fizz

PUCCI GALORE Jul 5, 2011 9:04 am

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter (Post 16673707)
A nice G&T always hits the spot better than any fizz

I am minded to agree with you but given the choice between Bombay and Slim or a well chilled Champagne - sorry the Champagne won.

It would like being asked to chose between CIHY and a mere male.

I think that is what they young call a "No Brainer". Insitinctive really.

I am willing to be proved wrong in this as it is so unusual.

Still - what is the latest from the Lounges? I like that lounge as the other one is so inconveniently located and not all of us have the right to go and have baths in the CCR!

OPebble Jul 5, 2011 9:15 am

Go South young lady, go south! ;)

Rumour hath it that there is a more civilised clientele in those parts who wouldn't be so uncouth as to deprive a lady of her favourite tipples!

However as I suffer from acrophobia I can't personally vouch for the contents or lack thereof in the South Lounge. Takes me all my time to get up the first escalator and wend my way past the horses. :D

IAMORGAN Jul 5, 2011 9:15 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 16673590)

Slimline tonic.

Bombay and slim with LIME = perfection!

irishguy28 Jul 5, 2011 9:19 am

And "Blue Top"?

Any relation of "Red Cap"? :D

Jimmie76 Jul 5, 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 16673590)

Slim can be a reference to "good looking crew" but in this context her magnificence was refereing to Slimline Tonic as seen here:

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/content/s...ter_1litre.jpg

Now Blue Top is a reference to the Champagne currently on offer at Tesco

http://img.tesco.com/wine/UIAssets/p...ot_150x300.jpg

irishguy28 Jul 5, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks, Jimmie76! ^

So I'm guessing Blue Top is slightly above Blue Nun in the pecking order? :D

Stez Jul 5, 2011 10:38 am

I knew removing those Irn Bru from the North Lounge fridges 2.5 years ago was the start of a slippery slope!

T8191 Jul 5, 2011 10:49 am

I am shocked.
No. I'm horrified :(

Does BA not understand the fuel on which La PUCCI soars to the Heavens?

Forget Jet-A1 ... that's for those in whY.

Brothers and Sisters, can we not start a campaign to ensure that La PUCCI is adequately refreshed? There must surely be a local football ground where we could hold a mass demonstration?