Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ex EU - Where is the cheapest place to start at the moment

Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum

Hi,
Looking on booking another ex-EU and was wondering where is the cheapest place to start at the moment. I am travelling to Hong Kong.

I have been a frequent visitor to Milan as starting from there offered good pricing.

However, the the fares seem to have gone up quite a bit to Hong Kong from there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Sitting here in the Wing after flying in on BA0027 - my journey started in AMS.

There was a search string posted somewhere that works on ITA (I think)
Check the ultimate guide and dashboard - I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Personally, I just check the prices on BA.com and see if I'm happy. I've ex-EU'd a couple of times when the LHR direct cost gets silly, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way - I think IST sometimes comes up as a low cost starting point, but 4 hours each way to do it?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:05 am

The answer appears to be "nowhere" at the moment. I'm looking at flights to HKG as well - cheapest I can find ex-EU is from IST at 1921. MIL, AMS etc are all around 2,200+. Given I paid 1500 ex-LIN in March, not quite the deal it once was.

Best advice I can suggest is to play around with the ITA Matrix tool (see the sticky) and hope something comes up....

The other option is to stack the PRIDE discount code with shareholder discount if you have it - is bringing ex-LHR down to 2,770 for our dates.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Have you seen the / Euro exchange rate recently?! You'll be lucky to find many bargains as we head towards 1:1 ....
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: Aerclub
I just happened to spot this as I was checking flights and found SNN/HKG traveling in OCT 794 or in Nov for 674. Not sure if it is any help but it looks like good value.

BA does not fly to SNN but EI who I think code share with BA, do.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
SNN-HKG in J? I tired and got a quote of nearly 4000? (The return journey alone on the 25th November as high as 6k!)
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: Aerclub
Sorry , I did not realise the OP was talking about J class.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mumha abu
I just happened to spot this as I was checking flights and found SNN/HKG traveling in OCT 794 or in Nov for 674. Not sure if it is any help but it looks like good value.

BA does not fly to SNN but EI who I think code share with BA, do.
I almost had a heart attack until I read the next post saying you weren't pricing J....
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Hi,
Looking on booking another ex-EU and was wondering where is the cheapest place to start at the moment. I am travelling to Hong Kong. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I assume you're using the ITA software - if they report there aren't any cheap fares I guess there aren't any cheap fares
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I assume you're using the ITA software - if they report there aren't any cheap fares I guess there aren't any cheap fares
... and full instructions are in the sticky thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post13303030 3rd post

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.