Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT: BA crew - saying it with Pride

Slightly OT: BA crew - saying it with Pride

Old Jul 4, 2011, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am glad the weather was nice for them. In the pics they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jul 4, 2011 at 8:43 am Reason: remove comment
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Indeed - see here
Erm - this is what you're looking for ^
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by bealine
Ditto - although, personally, I've always found the Brighton Pride event more fun! .............but then, I was a Gatwick chappie!
We miss you at LGW x
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Careful students will notice an army of feather dusters have been at work. To be clear, this thread is now solely for discussion about BA's involvement with London Pride. It is NOT for the meta-discussion of gay lifestyle, culture, politics please.

In addtion can I draw the attention of anyone who is confused how to treat other members to the following snippet from the FT Rules

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q67

Any further OT remarks - or any in breach of the rules - will be deleted and disciplinary action taken. I am sorry we had to reach this stage.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jul 4, 2011 at 8:48 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Erm - this is what you're looking for ^
No - but thanks! My link was correct!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
srbrenna linked correctly to the Pride code, which is what this thread is about.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
I'm fine with BA "celebrating diversity" - it's a free world. I do not, however, understand why BA would see fit to issue a 10% discount code targeted at those customers who chose to attend a particular lifestyle-orientated event? Is there a precedent for this?

Was it intended that those of us whose lifestyles don't fit that form of diversity remain unaware of this offer? I booked 3 round-trip tickets on BA in the past few days, at least 1 of which could have had 10% off, had I too been "celebrating diversity" on Saturday afternoon, rather than teaching my son how to play golf.

Last edited by loosehead; Jul 5, 2011 at 8:21 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by loosehead
I'm afraid I feel somewhat discriminated against.
You were discriminated against in the same way that BA's Taste of London discount code discriminated against those who live off Iceland's Ł1 frozen ready meals.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have 10% discount at Taste of London. Does that mean those on a diet should feel discriminated against.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
They have 10% discount at Taste of London. Does that mean those on a diet should feel discriminated against.
Wow - they left me out on that one as well!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The people who don't read FT are the unlucky ones

Last edited by srbrenna; Jul 5, 2011 at 8:26 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Nice that I could combine it with my shareholder's discount. Actually stopped me ex-EUing.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:01 am

...rather than teaching my son how to play golf.
Sounds like Swiss might be better tailoring it's marketing machine to your needs: http://www.swiss.com/web/en/offers/h...traveller.aspx

Seriously though, all large corporate organisations such as BA have a whole myriad of promotions, advertising campaigns and offers targetted to many different interests, locations, occupations etc etc. Some restricted, some not.

Any complaint about this particular discount (which by it's nature has to be entirely unrestricted as to who can use it) seems amusing to me.

Last edited by Gulliver_UK; Jul 5, 2011 at 8:02 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:08 am

I'd also be interested as to whether everyone would be more, or less, offended/concerned/annoyed had BA sent them the offer directly also.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:21 am

Was meant to be a little light-hearted, but on reflection, it doesn't read like that, so please ignore - I'll delete that line. Wasn't aware these discount codes are being issued by BA.

I do try to RTF but don't have hours a day to spend reading all threads, so don't always spot something that's hidden under a thread title that's not directly relevant to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.