Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Banks_CA
Had a look at the website and still not clearer in my head.

Am travelling with the GF on a flight to the US in First (thank you Chase - not starting any fights ) and happen to have a couple of freinds that are travelling on the same flight in punter class.

I have silver status, but GF has none. Will be able to invite our frinds into the lounge with us? I know I can get one in with card benefits, but not sure if we can get two.

Can anyone clairfy?

Cheers
Forget what card you have (silver). Your BP in F trumps that.

Just with your (one) silver card you would have been allowed into the Terraces only, and with one guest (which would be your GF).

With a boarding pass in F (of which you have two, you and GF) you are both entitled to use either the Terraces, the Flounge, or the CCR - and each of you are allowed one guest (total of two guests).

So, bottom line, there can be 4 of you in any of BA's lounges you choose - they are all accessible to you with a seat in F.

Now, whether you can walk out (and "forget" your guests inside) and reappear with new guests... is entirely a function of which lounge it is, how busy they are, whether it is the same person, and how alert everyone is.
And of your own sense of justice/nerve :-S
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Banks_CA
I take it this includes to Galleries First.
If you're in First, you and your guests should go to the Concorde Room - much more exclusive (BA F pax, Premiers/VIPs and CCR cardholders only).
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Genius1
If you're in First, you and your guests should go to the Concorde Room - much more exclusive (BA F pax, Premiers/VIPs and CCR cardholders only).
+1

There is no comparison, use the CCR if you can...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by OPebble
Wrong I am afraid!

T5 doesn't seperate Domestic and International departures. So if you have right of access, as Arch07 does, then you can get at any departure lounge in T5A.

You are right that there is no Domestic First but see above.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
That has not been my experience with BA. At Heathrow, perhaps, but not everywhere. I once arrived at SFO in J and was connecting to a Virgin America flight, which also uses the int'l terminal, so I had airside access to the BA lounge. The reaction was something very close to "What? You must be joking."
The difference is that your connection was not BA/OW, while the OP's is. That said, did they ultimately let you in?

My experience (albeit limited) has been BA being more accommodating than they technically had to be (letting me use F lounge on a next-day AM connection when departing in J).
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
CCR Access Question

This one is for the BAEC experts here, as I was unable to locate a clear answer to my question in the stickies and through searching.

I will be flying AUS-DFW-LHR-DXB next month. AUS-DFW-LHR will be AA segments, while LHR-DXB will, of course, be on BA. The ticket will be a paid discounted J fare (I-fare), and I will be upgrading the AA international segment to F (A-fare bucket) using SWUs.

Given that DFW-LHR is a JBA flight that is also sold as a BA codeshare, with revenue seats in the A bucket, would this be enough to allow me access to the CCR?

In order to use the SWU, the DFW-LHR segment would have to be booked as an AA flight number, but the LHR-DXB segment can be booked as either an AA or BA flight number. I understand that some here have reported being able to access the CCR based on an incoming flight in F even if the connecting departure is not in F, and I know that this is supposed to apply to BA flights only... but I wasn't sure whether the presence of the North American JBA, metal neutrality, and AA/BA codesharing on these routes had an impact on this.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:26 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Given that DFW-LHR is a JBA flight that is also sold as a BA codeshare, with revenue seats in the A bucket, would this be enough to allow me access to the CCR?
No, sadly not. Only passengers flying BA metal with a BA flight number are granted access to the Concorde Room.

You will, however, get access to galleries first by virtue of your inbound flight in F.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:35 pm

Thanks. I usually stop by GF anyhow, which I already have access to by virtue of my EXP/OWE status. Not that I'll miss much since it will only be a ~2 hour connection with a T3-T5 transfer thrown in.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Thanks. I usually stop by GF anyhow, which I already have access to by virtue of my EXP/OWE status. Not that I'll miss much since it will only be a ~2 hour connection with a T3-T5 transfer thrown in.
Hope you and your luggage don't misconnect
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:22 am

I think I should be fine with anything up to a 1 hour delay. No checked luggage either.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
CCR - Can you enter on arrival from travelling First?

My itinery is DXB-LHR-MAN.

On arrival at LHR (travelling DXB to LHR in F) can I use the CCR before my flight to MAN?

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Yes - make sure to keep your DXB > LHR BP to show the CCR Guardian.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by Prospero
London Heathrow Terminal 5
British Airways Galleries Arrivals Lounge

Eligible for complimentary access:
  • A First or Club World passenger arriving into T5
  • A BAEC Gold who has arrived into T5 on a BA operated long haul service, irrespective of class of service
  • An AAdvantage Executive Platinum who has arrived into T5 on a BA operated BA/AA Joint Business transatlantic service, irrespective of class of service

Not eligible for complimentary access:
  • A first or business class passenger who has arrived into T3
  • An AAdvantage Executive Platinum or BAEC Gold card holder who has arrived into T3 on an AA operated flight
  • A BAEC Gold or QFFF Platinum card holder who has arrived into T3 on a BA/QF operated Kangaroo service
  • A category of passenger not otherwise described in the list of eligible passengers above
  • Guests

There is no mechanism in place to pay for access into the Galleries Arrivals lounge
Can someone confirm these (in bold)? I'm fairly sure they're wrong. I think any BA longhaul customer in J/F can access the T5 arrivals regardless of arrival terminal (in fact, you can also access it off the LCY flight!)

Last edited by DWFI; Aug 4, 2011 at 9:20 am
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by OPebble
Yes - make sure to keep your DXB > LHR BP to show the CCR Guardian.
Thank you.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:38 pm

T5 to T3 transfer

I hope this is the right place to ask this.
My 78 yr-old dad is arriving in CW at T5 and then heading to T3 for flt to LIS.
I want him to experience as much as possible with a minimum of stress.
What would be the best strategy for him to take advantage of Arrivals Lounge/Spa/Galleries etc?
He has a healthy 4.5 hrs between flts.
Thanks to the experts for any tips!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.