Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:20 pm

BA First Class Newbie LHR lounge access Q.

I will traveling back to London Heathrow on the return leg of a first class return to San Francisco. When I arrive at Heathrow I have a connecting flight on the same day (economy class) to Glasgow. Do I get Concorde Room access at Heathrow as I await to board the Glasgow flight.

Many thanks.
First Class Newbie
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:26 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Arch07, welcome to FlyerTalk! Your question is specific to BA and I'll move the thread to the BA forum. (Per our Forum Announcement: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...forum-445.html.) Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Arch07
I will traveling back to London Heathrow on the return leg of a first class return to San Francisco. When I arrive at Heathrow I have a connecting flight on the same day (economy class) to Glasgow. Do I get Concorde Room access at Heathrow as I await to board the Glasgow flight.

Many thanks.
First Class Newbie
In my experience, lounges are always happy to grant you access if you've recently arrived on their airline and have the boarding pass stub for the appropriate class of travel, even if you're not continuing on that airline or class of travel.

A bigger problem in your case may be getting to the lounge. Since BA doesn't have any domestic first class as far as I know, presumably there is no first class lounge accessible from domestic departures. Maybe there's a business class lounge?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:37 am

You will have access to the Concorde Room. If you are arriving from an F flight and have a flight on BA later that day, then you will be allowed to enter the Concorde Room.

Your arriving flight and departing flight will be from Terminal 5. Therefore, the Concorde Room will be in the terminal where you are departing from. I think you will be all set to enjoy the Concorde Room.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by acunningham
I Since BA doesn't have any domestic first class as far as I know, presumably there is no first class lounge accessible from domestic departures. Maybe there's a business class lounge?
Wrong I am afraid!

T5 doesn't seperate Domestic and International departures. So if you have right of access, as Arch07 does, then you can get at any departure lounge in T5A.

You are right that there is no Domestic First but see above.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
In my experience, lounges are always happy to grant you access if you've recently arrived on their airline and have the boarding pass stub for the appropriate class of travel, even if you're not continuing on that airline or class of travel.

A bigger problem in your case may be getting to the lounge. Since BA doesn't have any domestic first class as far as I know, presumably there is no first class lounge accessible from domestic departures. Maybe there's a business class lounge?
Domestic and international flights share a common departure (airside) area at T5.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:08 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Many thanks.
First Class Newbie
Yes you do. I've done this myself a couple of times with no problems.

The lounge staff might remind you that most Glasgow flights go from the opposite end of the terminal (about a 5-10 minute walk) but, the Concorde Room is so much nicer than the lounge up the other end, so just politely thank them for the advice and state you'd rather stay in the Concorde Room and give yourself an extra 10 minutes to get to the gate!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:50 am

Thank you all for your feedback. I look forward to using the Concorde Lounge on my return trip later this week.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thank you all for your feedback. I look forward to using the Concorde Lounge on my return trip later this week.
Concorde Room.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
That has not been my experience with BA. At Heathrow, perhaps, but not everywhere. I once arrived at SFO in J and was connecting to a Virgin America flight, which also uses the int'l terminal, so I had airside access to the BA lounge. The reaction was something very close to "What? You must be joking."
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA, VS, VX, UA
Lounge access question

Had a look at the website and still not clearer in my head.

Am travelling with the GF on a flight to the US in First (thank you Chase - not starting any fights ) and happen to have a couple of freinds that are travelling on the same flight in punter class.

I have silver status, but GF has none. Will be able to invite our frinds into the lounge with us? I know I can get one in with card benefits, but not sure if we can get two.

Can anyone clairfy?

Cheers
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
As a First passenger you can guest one person into the Concorde Room. Assuming by 'a couple' you mean two friends then you can all get in.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I believe that you can each have one guest in the CCR.

Edit: Or what Seated in First said
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA, VS, VX, UA
Thanks, that what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

I take it this includes to Galleries First.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Galleries First, Galleries Club and CCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.