FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Any FTers arriving into LHR or LGW on June 30? Strike day? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1230265-any-fters-arriving-into-lhr-lgw-june-30-strike-day.html)

T8191 Jun 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by MAN-FF (Post 16652332)
No problems at all either this morning or now as I sit in Galleries North. Things appear to be running smoothly, although I'm not sure if the same can be said for arriving Intl/EU pax.

I think they're letting Northern people move around the country at will. A bad move, IMO, but whatever ... ;)

Surprised not to have heard anything about major delays at the UK Border ... so perhaps this was a bit of a storm in [something small]? For which we [or at least those travelling] should be thankful?

origin Jun 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16652367)

Surprised not to have heard anything about major delays at the UK Border ... so perhaps this was a bit of a storm in [something small]? For which we [or at least those travelling] should be thankful?

The problem with strikes is that you spend the next few days having a discussion about how many were really on strike.

MAN-FF Jun 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16652367)
I think they're letting Northern people move around the country at will. A bad move, IMO, but whatever ... ;)

Well they have to let us out from time to time, I suppose ;)

MAN-FF

T8191 Jun 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by origin (Post 16652403)
The problem with strikes is that you spend the next few days having a discussion about how many were really on strike.

Only if you start discussing it ... :D

Otherwise "apathy rules" ;)

ardboe Jun 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Sure they are already twisting with each other over numbers now.

traveller42 Jun 30, 2011 2:56 pm

No problem at LGW at 1930 this evening coming in from VCE. I'd been watching the LGW twitter feed all day in my meetings and they'd been reporting no problems.

stevie-d Jun 30, 2011 5:11 pm

My wife and daughter headed south to LGW this evening on last flight out of EDI. It was delayed by 40mins but not strike related apparently.

antichef Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Landed from DUS at about 1700hrs and to be honest it was the best and swiftest process through the "Border" than I have had in years. I hit IRIS with both working and empty. One colleague went through the normal lane with only two in front of her and was out joining me after about 30 seconds. The second colleague who is from the commonwealth but with ILTR in the UK sat in the Jonny Foreigner queue and was still there when I had already left T5, got to Hertz and was collecting the hire car!!!

Beano HK Jun 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Landed LHR T5 circa 8pm and absolutely no queues at all, many manned desks, in fact far more people than normal.

Much ado about nothing ime!