Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Delay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
DXB Delay

I’m currently in the DXB “Galleries” Lounge and have just heard the news that my flight, the BA0106, has been delayed by almost 6 hours and is now not leaving until the morning. The staff seem to have no idea why the aircraft has been delayed, although on ba.com the inbound flight from LHR has been severely delayed also. So, does anyone know why the inbound flight is delayed? I know aircraft management is a tough business, but with a 6 hour delay, one could have though that they would find a replacement aeroplane. Anyway, I have not taken the decision to go back to my hotel and have chosen to stay at the airport (choosing to go plane spotting and hopefully try to sneak some pictures of aircraft onto my camera without security noticing). Yet, this decision got me thinking, will BA give me miles as a compensation for the delayed flight?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
I was looking at this, as I will take tomorrow the BA107. I wouls suggest you to ask form BA for a hotel room as you will not leave today.

Here are some link, where you can see some real time details.

BA107 (to know when will depart)

and yours BA106, currently is scheduled to depart at 07:44 - Fri 24-Jun-2011 Dubai time
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Yes, I have found that the flight now leaves at 7:40 p.m. so I have left the lounge and got a taxi back to my hotel. The hotel is very close to the airport, and as I still am entitled to stay there until check-out time, I am going back to my room. I would never waste anyone’s money if they are giving me something for which I have already paid for, even if it was BA’s. Hopefully I can write BA and get some miles (I am currently saving up for a trip to London during the Diamond Jubilee).
Thanks for those links though. I don’t think I’ve seen this flight tracking website, very nice.
And I do hope your flight goes well tomorrow Potakas. The DXB lounge is relatively nice and the food in the lounge is of a high quality, love the Concorde model and the “mini museum” that is on display. I’m glad I’m leaving though, one can only take so many hours of watching BBC and CNN with the same news constantly repeating itself.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:33 pm

Nice, I wasn't aware that you had your room for this night also. ^

Also miles are better

Get rest and enjoy your flight tomorrow ^
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
No idea why flight is late, but would guess at a technical or weather related issue somewhere along the line which has had knock on effects.

However, I note you say you're saving miles to use for a trip to London during the Diamond Jubilee. Am I right in thinking that's next year? I know this has nothing to do with your flight delay, but please remember the Olympics are also in London next year and award space will be very limited as the flights will fill up with fare paying passengers. It's just a thought for getting online the minute the award space opens up.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:02 pm

I am not sure if it is related, but LHR was a mess today with numerous delays. I offloaded myself a MAN-bound flight, then was significantly delayed on a BD inbound flight this evening (after losing my BA ticket and taking the TRAIN!! )

Not a great day today for me
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I am not sure if it is related, but LHR was a mess today with numerous delays. I offloaded myself a MAN-bound flight, then was significantly delayed on a BD inbound flight this evening (after losing my BA ticket and taking the TRAIN!! )

Not a great day today for me
Yes, if you watch the Arrival/Departure time for LHR was a mess today, probably weather issue?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:07 pm

BTW, OP's aircraft has just took off

Estimated departure time for BA106, is tomorrow: 08:46 - Fri 24-Jun-2011
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by potakas
Yes, if you watch the Arrival/Departure time for LHR was a mess today, probably weather issue?
Initially it was inbound aircraft technical faults, which was then compounded by the weather.

I have to say not particularly well handled by the LHR ground team
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:54 pm

I had a miserable journey back from ABE on BA1315. It was delayed leaving ABE by 25 mins (probably from earlier flight delays getting up to ABE), then we had to circle round Watford for 15 mins due to congestion (pretty normal though) while waiting for a slot at LHR.
Then they dumped us at a stand with steps and busses waiting (it was Concourse B but with no jetty access to the terminal), however there was nobody able to operate the steps. Queue another 15 - 20 mins sitting on the plane (even the pilot sounded pretty pee'd off).
Overall not a pleasant experience and there were some frantic travellers rushing to catch connecting flights, thankfully I wasn't one of them.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dont_call_me_Shirley
I had a miserable journey back from ABE on BA1315.
BA now flies to Lehigh Valley International Airport?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This will surely shed some light:
DELAY OPERATIONAL REASON

In any case, ETA is 0710 and ETD of BA106 is 0850, with an ETA in LHR of 1315.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentally, given that BA doesn't have many other flights out of DXB, could you check in your baggage at let's say 0700 for the flight now departing at 0850 or, assuming a 60 minute check-in deadline, you have to have checked in before 0030?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Good catch! Just to clarify, I was referring to ABZ not ABE.

Our Aberdeen office is referred to as the ABE office and it's been a long day (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
Incidentally, given that BA doesn't have many other flights out of DXB, could you check in your baggage at let's say 0700 for the flight now departing at 0850 or, assuming a 60 minute check-in deadline, you have to have checked in before 0030?
Well, I don't know as I have never had such a delay but I would say that the passengers got their luggage back, or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.