Concorde comes out to play in the sun

Old Jun 23, 11, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Concorde comes out to play in the sun

There is some filming at east base with a 747 and concorde if anyone is interested... Not very often you get to see AB these days!
Old Jun 23, 11, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
I saw this as I drove past earlier today, looked like she has been treated to a wash and even had the engine covers off. G-CIVY was also there on the 'film set' - not sure what it's all for but would love to know....
Old Jun 23, 11, 9:30 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I have always thought it a shame that somebody didn't apply a bit of brain power when T5 was being built and find a parking slot preferrably near T5A/B.
Old Jun 23, 11, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
she should have been put into the middle of the terminal! The Concorde room could have had a whole different meaning then!
Old Jun 23, 11, 10:34 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by dannysherwood View Post
she should have been put into the middle of the terminal! The Concorde room could have had a whole different meaning then!
Seeing the photos from the Seattle Museum of flight, they should have hung her from the roof above the area where the lifts/escalators are for T5B/C.
Old Jun 24, 11, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
No sooner had she appeared.... shes now disappeared again!

Thats why i was letting everyone know she was out on yet another rare appearance.....

Last edited by lhrworker; Jun 24, 11 at 2:30 pm
Old Jun 24, 11, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Instead of World Duty Free, BA should have placed the Concorde in that space in T5

In all seriousness though, I wish there was a space somewhere around T5 for it. The model Concorde that was on the roundabout for Heathrow Central should have been hung in the Galleries entrance where the Cloud is.
Old Jun 24, 11, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
The model Concorde that was on the roundabout for Heathrow Central should have been hung in the Galleries entrance where the Cloud is.
Donn't think there's enough room there!
Old Jun 24, 11, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by OPebble View Post
Donn't think there's enough room there!
They should have either built a larger entrance or built a smaller model then

Search this Thread