Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slightly OT, India arrivals/departures

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Well availability came up for a straight return to DEL so no open jaw required. Let's hope the high commission are happy with my plans which should just mean half a day in Delhi/airport on the way back. Fingers crossed and thanks again for all the tips
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by johnnie69
Well availability came up for a straight return to DEL so no open jaw required. Let's hope the high commission are happy with my plans which should just mean half a day in Delhi/airport on the way back. Fingers crossed and thanks again for all the tips
If you remain airaside no visa is required.

If you have a ticket that goes somewhere-India (stopover)-third country-India (stopover)-somewhere, and the second entry to India is within 2 months of LEAVING the first time, you must submit your ticket when you request your visa.

If however you are able to remain airside and only enter India once, then you don't even need to mention it, and if your plans change you can request a transit visa in the third country.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Originally Posted by meester69
If you remain airaside no visa is required.

If you have a ticket that goes somewhere-India (stopover)-third country-India (stopover)-somewhere, and the second entry to India is within 2 months of LEAVING the first time, you must submit your ticket when you request your visa.

If however you are able to remain airside and only enter India once, then you don't even need to mention it, and if your plans change you can request a transit visa in the third country.
Cool, thanks Meester69! No relation to me I'm guessing!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Slightly off topic to the Slightly off topic thread.

When I flew out to BLR (Bangalore) I was chatting to the crew, mentioning how busy the flight is. They remarked it was always that way and the flights on the way back are always rammed full as well, hence a 3 class 777 to maximise economy seating.

I've just been looking at MMB and Expertflyer to see the best options for seating. Both are showing a relatively empty aircraft given 4 days to go before my return

EF is also showing high availability in all classes, so my question is how late do people here in India leave it to book, on what the crew called a "rammed full" flight?

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Jul 4, 2011 at 6:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.