Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade offer at check in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Etihad Silver
Upgrade offer at check in

My wife and daughter just flew from auh-lhr in club world. I am due to fly in 24 hours too. I noticed that on all check in counters(wt,wt+,J and even F), there were flyers saying: special offer, ask for the price of an upgrade on today's flight.

I didn't ask about the price because I wouldn't put my daughter in first class with the chance of ruining other people's experience, however as I am flying in J tomorrow, does anyone have an idea how much an upgrade would be?

I was thinking to myself what i would be willing to pay considering the lounge will he the same, and the seat just a bit better.... It's still the old F seats with no AVOD, and it will be a quiet sleeper flight.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From the US , a CW - F upgrade at check in has been about $400 IIRC according to some posters here on FT.

I have never seen them myself on all my CW fares ( once when I asked it would be about $2000- I politely turned it down)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I wouldn't have worried about putting your daughter in First - if you want a more comfortable flight and can afford (and are willing to pay) the upgrade fee, then go for it!

To clarify, no First flights are sleeper services (unlike some Club World services) - there is full First service on all flights.

You would have access to the Concorde Breakfast Room within Galleries Arrivals at LHR T5 if you were flying First. This is a nice, quiet room away from the Club masses, and has waiter served food at 'proper' dining tables.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Etihad Silver
Thanks for your replies. Just to update you, i set my limit to $500 for the upgrade. When checking in, I was offered to upgrade for 2850 UAE dirhams, that's about £450,$800. I turned it down . But it's nice that they do offer it because the price difference between club and first on this route is about $2500 one way.

Thanks for your replies...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by audi2111
I didn't ask about the price because I wouldn't put my daughter in first class with the chance of ruining other people's experience, however as I am flying in J tomorrow, does anyone have an idea how much an upgrade would be?
i wouldn't have worried about your daughter. I just returned from SFO were the F cabin had 4 children (one teenager and 3 young children). They were taken care of very well by the crew and they slept most of the flight. On the plus as well they were exceedingly polite and the parents didn't have to move a muscle for them.

My only complaint the parents had booked 2 F (them) and 2 CW (children). And on the aircraft the CC decided to upgrade one of the seats in Cw to the empty F seat. In turn the two parents with one child were in the cabin and left one of the children unattended in CW. That i do not agree with.

The only thing I did notice was at the CCR BA refused to let them guest the children in from CW. They took it very nicely but you could tell the family were disappointed. Especially after being told by the first dragon they could be guested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.