BA Website for rewards not helping

Old Jun 20, 11, 5:58 am
Original Poster

BA Website for rewards not helping

I'm new here as member, but been reading the forum for ages. So after spending hours trying to find any reward flights for my 2-1 voucher, I can't handle the BA web site errors, as every time I search it seems to have a mind of it's own.

I've also called and after holding for 30 minutes the girl proceeded to take about 10 minutes each time she asked what city I could fly from, then would only come back with 1 result.

So all I'm trying to find (I know there's not many seats, but every once and awhile they pop up on searching then when I hit continue it says error again) is something later in Aug, or Sept roundtrip from LAX, or ORD, PHX, LAS to London. Or any better airport that would reduce travel time to this region. In Business class or First.

Any tips? I can usually find anything online, but this is just not working for me. I've tried different browsers also. I've even put every month in the searches and it will let me search June then starts all over with the errors again. Thanks for any advice!
Old Jun 20, 11, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Hi Meter

welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum.

generally speaking you can search for reward flights online, however most of us normally try and book reward flights as far in advance as possible.

you can try looking for flights ex SFO or any other West coast city served by BA which should help, depending on where you live you might need to at this short notice book a paid connecting flight with AA and have bags thru checked. Following that principle you could in effect find flights from anywhere ex America. Remember that one of the limitations of the website is that it will only let you book out and back from the same airport, however over the phone BA allows openjaw routes, example being SFO-LHR-MIA

hope you find what your looking for

cs
Old Jun 20, 11, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks cs for the welcome and the advice. This is a great forum.

I'll try SFO and see what happens. Definitely a bit late for booking tickets for this time period, but the problem I keep having on the site is I can put the whole year in and I just get an 'error' that I should try later. Frustrating to say the least.

I didn't realize it would not pull up any connections in the US, because it will pull up Stop Overs in London if I designate somewhere else like Paris, etc. But when I try the stop overs in London it still errors out on me 90% or more of the time.

I guess it will have to be done by phone then. I have some AA rewards I can use for a connection.
Old Jun 20, 11, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Meter View Post
Thanks cs for the welcome and the advice. This is a great forum.

I'll try SFO and see what happens. Definitely a bit late for booking tickets for this time period, but the problem I keep having on the site is I can put the whole year in and I just get an 'error' that I should try later. Frustrating to say the least.

I didn't realize it would not pull up any connections in the US, because it will pull up Stop Overs in London if I designate somewhere else like Paris, etc. But when I try the stop overs in London it still errors out on me 90% or more of the time.

I guess it will have to be done by phone then. I have some AA rewards I can use for a connection.

The problem you will be seeing regarding connections is that using a 2for1 voucher your flights have to be all on BA metal, normal redemptions without the 2for1 can be a mix of any oneworld airline.

cs

Search this Thread