Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of Switiching To BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
Thinking of Switiching To BAEC

Heya, due to my credit card program it looks as though my best option for mile redemption is with BA. Anyway, I like their network and the option to redeem with miles+cash.

Despite looking though the stickies but there are some things that I still need to clarify.

1) Are miles+cash bookings eligible to accrue AAdvantage miles? Or does it count as a redeemed ticket regardless of how many miles are used?

2) I see some notes about hefty fuel surcharges, however for redemptions from YYZ to Central/S. America BA's taxes and fees are the same/marginally cheaper than AA. Does this issue apply only to flights to/from the UK?

3) On my BAEC account it says: Card expiry date: XX MONTH YEAR. This just refers to my non-existent elite card, right? Not the account or miles within?

Last edited by CRAZYBUBBA; Jun 19, 2011 at 11:20 am
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA
1) Are miles+cash bookings eligible to accrue AAdvantage miles? Or does it count as a redeemed ticket regardless of how many miles are used?

2) I see some notes about hefty fuel surcharges, however for redemptions from YYZ to Central/S. America BA's taxes and fees are the same/marginally cheaper than AA. Does this issue apply only to flights to/from the UK?

3) On my BAEC account it says: Card expiry date: XX MONTH YEAR. This just refers to my non-existent elite card, right? Not the account or miles within?
1. Yes. No miles no points.

2. Yes as far as I am aware.

3. Yes. Miles only expire if there is no activity on the account for three years.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Excellent! I look forward to traveling BA more in the future (and frequenting the BA board).

Last edited by CRAZYBUBBA; Jun 19, 2011 at 11:31 am
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You didn't mention if you are planning on going for status, I get the impression no, however the expiry date is when your Tier Points reset to zero.

You need Tier Points to build status (see the Ultimate guide sticky)

TP's reset every 12 months, but if you registered a while ago bear in mind you may not have 12 months from when you start flying to reach status.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Excellent! I look forward to traveling BA more in the future (and frequenting the BA board).

welcome along to the BA forum.

im curious what your flying pattern is with any paid flights that you take ? do you fly AA on paid tickets at all ?

cs
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Far be it for me to contradict Petrus but it is for all TATL travel, not just the UK. So also to MAD directly with AA for instance.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
welcome along to the BA forum.

im curious what your flying pattern is with any paid flights that you take ? do you fly AA on paid tickets at all ?

cs
I do central america routes from YYZ monthly (with AA), and middle east once a year (usually with EK). I'm an AA gold every year. I like BA because it allows me to redeem for central america using AA. AA's schedules are better than *A and Skyteam for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.