Wiki Posts
Search

OT: OW lounge access at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platino
OT: OW lounge access at AMS

I am flying Amsterdam-Helsinki-Singapore next week with Finnair. What lounge options are available. I hold OW Sapphire (Malev Gold) so can I use the BA lounge? The Finnair website states 'Menzies Aviation' - is this the lounge previously used by BMI?

Alternatively I have KLM Gold I know previously AMS-HEL used to be operated on a codeshare with KLM so maybe this is an option?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Schiphol airport is split into a Schengen zone and a non-Schengen zone. The BA lounge is, of course, in the non-Schengen part of the airport, so you won't have access to it. The Menzies lounge that you say Finnair uses there is in the Schengen zone, so it will not be the lounge that BMI used when they flew from (the non-Schengen part of) Schiphol.

KLM doesn't codeshare with Finnair, so you won't be able to use the Crown Lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platino
Ok thanks so the Menzies lounge it is then!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
When I was there friday last week (flying MA AMS-BUD), the Menzies Lounge was closed, and there was a sign at the door telling passengers to use the Serviceair lounge next door.

Not sure if it was temporary or permanent.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you're an EU citizen I think you can go between the Schengen and non-Schengen zones and v/v by showing your passport. This may or may not be advisable of course as you would have to allow more time to get to your gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.