OT (possibly) Arrivals lounge @ LGW

Old Jun 16, 11, 3:45 pm
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
OT (possibly) Arrivals lounge @ LGW

Hi All,
Please don't think me lazy, I've had a quick look & can't find an answer to my question.

When we land back at LGW from our overnight flight (CW cabin), we will probably use the Arrivals Lounge at the Sofitel. I note there are showers, do they have to be booked ahead or is it a bit pot luck if one is available at the time of wanting to use one? Also, are hairdryers available, toiletries etc or should I pack mine so that they are easily accessible?
Much appreciated, thank you
Lady1964
Old Jun 16, 11, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA
I've only been once - was practically empty following an overnight from MCO (see TR in sig).

Yes, toiletries (elemis) in the showers, and hairdryer on the walls.
Old Jun 16, 11, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Very very quiet when we got back from BGI a couple of weeks ago. We were the first ones in. Spent half an hour there, and only three other people came in during that time. Didn't use the showers though I'm afraid, so can't comment, but doubt they can be booked in advance in any case.
Old Jun 16, 11, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Never used the arrivals lounge before, I always fly from LGW-JER after a TATL so we go straight into departures and use the showers in the Terraces lounge. The elemis toiletries are very nice, although I also bring along some hair wax + cologne!
Old Jun 17, 11, 1:58 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi,
As usual, very helpful replies from FT'ers, thank you.

Lady1964

Search this Thread