Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT: Newcastle Restaurant Recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Any restaurant recommendations at Newcastle Airport? or in Newcastle itself for dinner?

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:41 am

Cannot recommend anywhere at the airport but Cafe 21 on the Quayside and Close House at Heddon on the Wall are good.

Both about 15 mins drive from airport..in opposite directions!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:42 am

I can heartily recommend "Greggs" at the airport, just next to the arrivals.

Assuming you're talking about Newcastle Upon Tyne, rather than Newcastle Under Lyme or Newcastle New South Wales.

Ha'way.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
What type of food you after? Newcastle is my homeland so happy to recommend something. You could always go to my parents house, dad is an excellent cook
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: BA gold
If you don't want to leave the sights of the airport, a 10mins walk or a minute's drive towards Ponteland and there is a pub called The Badger next to Dobbie's garden centre... they do ok food.

For sheer variety go into town centre/Quayside which is easily reachable by Metro from the airport.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:43 pm

If you have time to wander into the city, let me tempt you with a few alternatives.

Jesmond Dene House is in beautiful grounds with nice walks surounding it.
http://www.jesmonddenehouse.co.uk/
I was married there last summer and had to have several trips to the restaurant to "sample" the diverse menu.

Alternatively, the Fisherman's Lodge http://www.fishermanslodge.co.uk/ is also good.

If you want some good modern Indian cuisine, my favorite restaurant at the minute is Raval on the Quayside http://www.ravaluk.com/

I work only a few miles out from the airport in Gosforth but I'm hard pushed to think of a "decent" restaurant locally other than Close House. Mostly cheap and cheerful Italians and Indians.
We do enjoy a trip to the Toby Carvery for a working lunch occasionally though :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.