Seat map/Expertflyer Question

Old Jun 15, 11, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Seat map/Expertflyer Question

Hi all,

I am trying to book a reward seat exGIG (all flights operated from 3class B777), before book my flights I always check on EF to see the seat availability. This time I found out something strange.

This is the flight that I can find availability.

And this one is the next day (I can't find availability here)

Has anyone experienced that before? F seats are not available for sale on the flight that I find availability.

I think is very doubtful that I'll get an aircraft with F seats as CW section

Both of those flights are in 6 months time.
Old Jun 15, 11, 5:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by potakas View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to book a reward seat exGIG (all flights operated from 3class B777), before book my flights I always check on EF to see the seat availability. This time I found out something strange.

This is the flight that I can find availability.

And this one is the next day (I can't find availability here)

Has anyone experienced that before? F seats are not available for sale on the flight that I find availability.

Both of those flights are in 6 months time.
Personally I'd book what you can find as far as reward flights go.

Some routes are being played around with for the winter schedule, aircraft being swapped to adjust capacity etc.

Book up and check the seat maps again in a month and I reckon it will look different.

cs
Old Jun 15, 11, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Personally I'd book what you can find as far as reward flights go.

Some routes are being played around with for the winter schedule, aircraft being swapped to adjust capacity etc.

Book up and check the seat maps again in a month and I reckon it will look different.

cs
In that situation I will book whatever I can get and I am always flexible when I am booking with miles.

I would like to know what others believe about that thing, for example can this one be an EF's fault? Should I wait to book on F (but already we are aware that all the exGIG flights will be operated from 3class B777)?
Old Jun 15, 11, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by potakas View Post
I though some flights exLGW had this sometimes. But its just pot-luck if you get into the F cabin if J oversold (perhaps on purpose to fill it?) but only a J service.

6 months out from now perhaps some of the 777's are schedules in for NF refit? The older 777's will take longer to refit and GIG-LHR will be one of the longer 777 flights so perhaps its prudent to sort the schedule out now. (Or perhaps EF has just got muddled up )

Look at seat maps for days either side? When the aicraft flys out to GIG is it showing as having F also?

GIG will almost certainly have to be a G-YMM* series aircraft if that helps the mystery somehow.
Old Jun 15, 11, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by limabean767 View Post

Look at seat maps for days either side? When the aicraft flys out to GIG is it showing as having F also?

GIG will almost certainly have to be a G-YMM* series aircraft if that helps the mystery somehow.
The seat map for the flight that comes from LHR to do the flight that I can find availability has the same seat map as the one that I posted, with F section.

Makes sense to be a G-YMM* as the F section is 12F.

I don't know if what I will say makes any sense but the days I am looking for are during the carnival.
Old Jun 15, 11, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

The 4 class 777 appears 2-3 times per week in February when checked for other dates .

Actually I believe that those are the extra flights that will start this winter.

Last edited by potakas; Jun 15, 11 at 8:20 pm
Old Jun 20, 11, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Booked it

I booked it and it seems that EF was correct..

The club world cabin extends to the First Cabin. BA still doesn't sell tickets on F for that route.It is obviously a B777 with 12F Cabin.

Last edited by potakas; Jun 20, 11 at 7:06 am

Search this Thread