Desirable seats

Old Jun 13, 11, 4:28 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: BRU
Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
Posts: 195
Desirable seats

I'm flying LHR-LAX in August in Club World, and i have selected seat 64A and even though the MMB tool on the BA website has a green tick and 'confirmed' next to it, is it possible I can/will be moved, involuntarily of course.

Thanks!
AY ay ay! is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:37 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 14,061
Anybody can be moved due to 'operational reasons', although it is fairly unlikely.

I wouldn't worry.
Genius1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near Edinburgh
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 9,034
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Anybody can be moved due to 'operational reasons', although it is fairly unlikely.
Its known as being swanhuntered.
Paralytic is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:43 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: BRU
Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
Posts: 195
Thanks for the fast reply!

And just out of curiosity, what would classify as an operational reason? Like a change of aircraft for instance?
AY ay ay! is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:45 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 14,061
Originally Posted by AY ay ay! View Post
Thanks for the fast reply!

And just out of curiosity, what would classify as an operational reason? Like a change of aircraft for instance?
Yes; change of aircraft, faulty seat, needing the seat for a VIP (unlikely).
Genius1 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:48 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Hague, NL
Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Posts: 22,850
Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
Its known as being swanhuntered.
If you're lucky you will be Henkied.
henkybaby is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 4:49 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Italy 90% - Rest of the World 10%
Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Posts: 2,906
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Yes; change of aircraft, faulty seat, needing the seat for a VIP (unlikely).
To LAX change of aircraft is "impossibile"

U/D 747 is "guarenteed"
terminalfive is offline  
Old Jun 13, 11, 6:57 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LON, ACK, BOS..... (Not necessarily in that order)
Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Posts: 12,691
Like the others have said I wouldn't worry, I've had decent UD seats before the seating policy was enforced and didn't get moved. It is a great seat though, I hope you enjoy the flight.
Jimmie76 is offline  
Old Jun 14, 11, 12:33 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: BRU
Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
Posts: 195
Thanks!
AY ay ay! is offline  
Old Jun 14, 11, 12:57 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,513
Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
Its known as being swanhuntered.
I think we may be being imprecise in the use of verbs. ISTBC but you swanhunter a prime UD seat when you are impertinent enough to use your silver seet selection benefit to steal it from under the nose of a gold. If you recall, I was pleased I had swanhuntered on my trip tomorrow, but couldn't do so in a couple of weeks because I'm on a 777
ColdWalker is offline  
Old Jun 14, 11, 1:04 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by ColdWalker View Post
I think we may be being imprecise in the use of verbs. ISTBC but you swanhunter a prime UD seat when you are impertinent enough to use your silver seet selection benefit to steal it from under the nose of a gold. If you recall, I was pleased I had swanhuntered on my trip tomorrow, but couldn't do so in a couple of weeks because I'm on a 777
I would claim to be something of a swanhuntering expert being very low rent silver and booking all my LH travel months in advance. Have yet to fail to nab one of the big 4 upstairs (and boy do I enjoy them).

There's nothing like watching a gold looking longingly up the stairs as I saunter up to 62K...
InFF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread