Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Clinic Thread - Earning Miles and Tier Points on partners and codeshares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Earning Miles and Tier Points on partners and codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I could have sworn that you used to be able to get points on services to AUH from London on Etihad using a Qantas codeshare - but it looks like it is no longer bookable. If there is a way please let me know.
Were you thinking of booking LHR-DXB on Emirates, but booked on the QF code? I think that still works.

I don't myself remember there ever having been a QF/EY codeshare arrangement.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Were you thinking of booking LHR-DXB on Emirates, but booked on the QF code? I think that still works.

I don't myself remember there ever having been a QF/EY codeshare arrangement.

Ah okay - maybe I was confused.

Thanks for clarification
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I don't see it explictly asked above but it is hinted at (suggestions both metal and flight number need to be OW):

If I book a OW operated flight but with a non-OW flight number, I assume no avios or TPs? Any ideas if BA status would be honoured?

(It's a Qatar flight connecting to an Ethiopian flight, sold by Oman Air, both with WY codes.)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by typical
I don't see it explictly asked above but it is hinted at (suggestions both metal and flight number need to be OW):

If I book a OW operated flight but with a non-OW flight number, I assume no avios or TPs? Any ideas if BA status would be honoured?

(It's a Qatar flight connecting to an Ethiopian flight, sold by Oman Air, both with WY codes.)
Generally yes.

The main exceptions are BA codeshares on any airline (e.g. BA codeshare on EI or AS would earn TPs even tho nether is oneworld), and QF codeshares on non oneworld flights - this was mainly brought in to cover the QF codeshares on EK but it is not restricted to EK.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Generally yes.

The main exceptions are BA codeshares on any airline (e.g. BA codeshare on EI or AS would earn TPs even tho nether is oneworld), and QF codeshares on non oneworld flights - this was mainly brought in to cover the QF codeshares on EK but it is not restricted to EK.
I am asking about the other way round - the equivalent would be a (hypothetical) EI codeshare on BA. Or an EK flight number on QF metal, I guess!

I'm likely to book it anyway given scarcity of options, will report back if so.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by typical
I am asking about the other way round - the equivalent would be a (hypothetical) EI codeshare on BA. Or an EK flight number on QF metal, I guess!
In both cases you wouldn't earn any TPs. I can't think of an example of a non oneworld marketed & oneworld operated flight earning TPs.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:12 pm

oneworld codeshare

If I have read this thread correctly, a oneworld codeshare flight (ticketed by AA, AY metal) should yield tier points, right? I just flew an AA-ticketed, AY-operated flight from HEL to LAX In J (well, technically C/I) and received Avios but no tier points. I did, however, receive tier points on the other leg of the same trip (LHR-HEL). What’s the best way to chase down the missing tier points? Thanks for any advice....
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by prof
If I have read this thread correctly, a oneworld codeshare flight (ticketed by AA, AY metal) should yield tier points, right? I just flew an AA-ticketed, AY-operated flight from HEL to LAX In J (well, technically C/I) and received Avios but no tier points. I did, however, receive tier points on the other leg of the same trip (LHR-HEL). What’s the best way to chase down the missing tier points? Thanks for any advice....
If you were on AA marketed I class, then HEL to LAX should be 140 TPs. codeshares within oneworld do indeed qualify for credit, but due to the processing system they are the least likely to credit correctly. As it happens it looks like there is a bug in the look up table, so the online calculator shows the Avios correctly but not the TPs. So I would call up and ask them to manually correct the allocation. The bad news is that it may take a few weeks since it has to go back to AA for confirmation. If things get difficult, eg you get another rejection, send a PM to BAMissingAvios
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:07 pm

Many thanks cws, I’ll give them a ring.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I am, as usual, befuddled.

Does anyone know if one gets the Tier Bonus for Finnair-marketed, BA-operated transatlantic flights?

There's apparently an exception (noted on BA.com and in the dashboard (under "oneworld partner prefix
"): "For transatlantic flights marketed by AY but operated by BA, awards will be as per the BA awarding table." One doesn't otherwise get the Tier Bonus on AY, but this exception suggests otherwise? The Avios calculator on BA.com doesn't seem to give the Tier Bonus, and despite the exception noted above, the earning is different between BA and AY for LHR-JFK.

So for a Gold traveling LHR-JFK in business (I fare) traveling on BA 183 but under AY flight-whatever-it-was, how many Avios should one expect?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
See my opening post. The rule of thumb is that a flight has to be a OW code on OW metal to earn though people have got lucky in the past.
Is OW Connect OW metal? This half in-half out business with Fiji Air is doing my head in!!!
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
BA.com says it takes up to 28 days for miles to post from partner flights.
I'd be interested to know from the experience of others how long it normally takes? I'm waiting on some TPs from Malev to post.
On February 1 we flew Qantas: WLG > MEL; MEL > DXB [Emirates operated], and DXB > ARN [Emirates operated] all with QF ticket numbers.
Within 48 hours my wife had received her Avios & TPs in her BAEC account whilst had not,

I waited 10 days before submitting a 'Missing AVIOS & TPs claim' on BAEC.
After waiting 8 weeks with no response grom BAEC, I telephoned - they could do nothing without my Boarding Card [now distroyed/lost after putting details required into original claim],
Told to speak to Qantas - Qantas say they cannot access BAEC, but reiterated Booking Reference
BAEC say they cannot access Qantas, but now request, is for Qantas to supply me "Proof of flying" - still awaiting and then send to BAEC.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Flying on a QR ticket from CPH <--> DOH, on AY metal but sold as a QR codeshare in business class (specifically QR6125/6126). Am I correct in thinking these earn Avios/TPs as if a QR flight?

Are there any weird non-earning codeshare booking classes that I should watch out for? (been stung before by the "I" class code-share on MH ...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.