Short stop in LHR

Old Jun 12, 11, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM. Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz STAR
Short stop in LHR

Flying in 8:20 pm from CX flight from HK.
Need to fly out on BA flight 474 to BCN at 11am the next morning.

2 Questions.
1) Which airport hotel would you recommend?
2) I'd like to drop my large luggage off in LHR as I'd take BA flight 275 a few days later (short trip to BCN). I'd only have 3 hours though between BCN - LHR - LAS... which luggage drop would you recommend?

If this needs to be moved off BA board, I understand. I just thought you BA ppl would know the best regarding the terminals.

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 11, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Blue (fall from the relative grace of silver)
Depending on your price range, Lower end Premier Inn on Bath Road is fine for a short stopover and the shuttle stops outside every 20 mins or so. There is a bar and evening meals and breakfast provided for 72 (for two) when I stayed there or from 39 room only. Sadly no experience of higher end hotels there as I save the extra pennies to pay for WT+ and use some miles for a bed!
Old Jun 13, 11, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL. SPG Platinum
I see you are an SPG holder. Sheraton has a couple of hotels in the area. I prefer the Skyline. I have a booking there for 65 and there is the Hotel Hopper bus tht can take you too and from the terminals. The sheraton Heathrow is slightly cheaper.
Old Jun 13, 11, 2:32 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Heathrow Left Luggage Details her http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...0357e120a____/

Hotel: Airport Sheraton on Points, however if staying Ascot week or indeed most June dates Prices are higher than Normal.
Old Jun 13, 11, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM. Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz STAR
Thanks for that, I've found that too but I was hoping if you knew which terminal would be the best to drop them off at - given my flights.
Old Jun 13, 11, 3:52 am

There is a left luggage desk in the arrivals hall of T5 and the Sofitel is built onto T5 as well. Your Cathay and BCN flights are into and out of T3, which also has a desk by the same company although for your next flight I would think having the bags already in T5 would be easier.
Old Jun 13, 11, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Awesome - thanks a lot. I'll store in t5 then. Although if I spend the night in Sofitel... will they hold onto my luggage for a few days and I can save a few bucks on the luggage storage?
Old Jun 13, 11, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by sarahlee View Post
Awesome - thanks a lot. I'll store in t5 then. Although if I spend the night in Sofitel... will they hold onto my luggage for a few days and I can save a few bucks on the luggage storage?
Worth asking but unlikely.

Search this Thread