FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Miles, TP and BA metal for a BA flight cancelled? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1225294-miles-tp-ba-metal-ba-flight-cancelled.html)

SN_RJ100 Jun 12, 2011 2:49 am

Miles, TP and BA metal for a BA flight cancelled?

Hi there,

I know that previous threads tackled this question but there is actually one remaining question mark.

I had a BA ticket BRU-LHR-HKG in J last week. Due to a strike in Brussels, all BA flights from BRU were cancelled and I was re-booked on by BA a SN flight to LHR (in Y...but I least I could leave on the same day to HKG).

I was actually missing 160 TP and 2 BA flights to reach GOLD before those fligts...so I was a bit worried not to get the 40TP of the cancelled BRU-LHR. So I checked on FT and felt better after learning that I actually was entitled to these TP and miles (as per 12.5 of BAEC terms & conditions).

I called BAEC on the same day and they confirmed my account would be credited with the TP and miles together with the LHR-HKG ones and that everything was set in the system for the TP and miles to be credited.

a few days have passed and my account was credited with miles and TP for the LHR-HKG however nothing for the BRU-LHR.

I'll have to call them back tomorrow (BAEC offices for Belgium are closed on Sunday...I tried to call the UK number today but they refused to check and reverted me to the Belgian Helpdesk).

In the meantime has anyone been through this before? Is it a painfull process to get those TP and miles credited?
I'm flying back to BRU in two weeks, so I would like to have these 40TP credited before that, otherwise I'm afraid I'm gonna lose 80TP out of the 120 of my upcoming HKG-LHR and I would of course love to enjoy CX and BA Flounge in HKG...

Last question, does anyoen know if that cancelled flight will also count as a BA flight even if I did not fly it?...otherwise if I get the TP but no BA flight, then I'm screwed...

Thanks for your help on this, much appreciated!

Prospero Jun 12, 2011 2:55 am

The process is manual and can take a few weeks to post. I'd recommend PMing Nicci (BA Executive Club). She might be able to push the request through the relevant internal channels quicker than it would normally take.

Prospero Jun 12, 2011 3:00 am

Originally Posted by SN_RJ100 (Post 16546042)
Last question, does anyoen know if that cancelled flight will also count as a BA flight even if I did not fly it?...otherwise if I get the TP but no BA flight, then I'm screwed...

The credit will appear on your statement just like any other BA flight transaction - Transaction date, Posted date, Flight Number/Route/Selling code/PNR, Miles and TPs. Your cabin/tier bonuses will appear in the lines below.

SN_RJ100 Jun 12, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks Prospero!
I'll PM Nicci then, I hope she could push things a bit!

SN_RJ100 Jun 21, 2011 4:14 am

I just wanted to publicly thank Nicci and her team. It took 48hrs to get everything fixed with all miles and TP credited to my account...which shows now a nice shinny gold colour!

Thanks also to Prospero for the tip!