Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points on S7 flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HELflyer
Got a reply from the BAEC rep:

"This is definetly not an eligible class as per our agreement with S7, however, I have asked the team to review this and if necessary discuss again with S7 but under the current rules I'm afraid the information is accurate."
Wow, that's nonsense. I noticed on the DME-LED route, the ONLY fare quoted is often the D class fare. So this makes mamy of the domestic fares ineligible for TPs.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Wow, that's nonsense. I noticed on the DME-LED route, the ONLY fare quoted is often the D class fare. So this makes mamy of the domestic fares ineligible for TPs.
That's right - the flights seem to book only occasionally into C or J and there's no way to choose at the reservation page (not that I would want to pay double or triple the money to get the points). I'd suppose it's simply a pricing scheme similar to what many airlines operate for economy class tickets, cheapest fare buckets sell out first and then the price goes up.

I guess it's possible S7 might just not want to buy the necessary BA miles (and whatever they need to buy for the TPs) on their cheapest fare, but like you say it's nonsense that there's a oneworld revenue business ticket like that.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's right - the flights seem to book only occasionally into C or J and there's no way to choose at the reservation page (not that I would want to pay double or triple the money to get the points). I'd suppose it's simply a pricing scheme similar to what many airlines operate for economy class tickets, cheapest fare buckets sell out first and then the price goes up.

I guess it's possible S7 might just not want to buy the necessary BA miles (and whatever they need to buy for the TPs) on their cheapest fare, but like you say it's nonsense that there's a oneworld revenue business ticket like that.
GBP450 isn't that cheap for an (ineligible for any miles/TPs) D-class fare from DME-LED. In fact, it's quite expensive for a 75 minute flight.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:23 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Got a reply from the BAEC rep:

"This is definetly not an eligible class as per our agreement with S7, however, I have asked the team to review this and if necessary discuss again with S7 but under the current rules I'm afraid the information is accurate."
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
S7 still haven't updated their own legal T&C document with this change, so it may take a while for them to notify their partners:

http://www.S7.ru/en/ffp/terms_and_conditions.html
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
S7 still haven't updated their own legal T&C document with this change, so it may take a while for them to notify their partners:

http://www.S7.ru/en/ffp/terms_and_conditions.html
That's a good finding. Interestingly though, Finnair has recognized all of C D J eligible on S7 since 15 Nov 2010 (i.e. since they started giving points for S7 flights). It's possible of course that they simply have had a mistake in their published booking class table during all that time.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Further update from BAEC: Expect D class eligibility to be changed within a few weeks. Thanks to Nicci & team, great having such active and attentive representation here on the board.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
FWIW, my query into QF worked and now the QF points & SC earning table correctly reflects D class as earning Business Class points and Status Credits.

Noticed that the BA table has also now been correctly updated.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who has taken any S7 flights in the last 6 months notice any strange activity on their EC account today?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
hmmm i flew DME-SIP-DME as part of a larger One World routing and received 10 tier points and 190 miles each way.

Tier points ok maybe, but 190 miles??!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:11 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by mfgr
hmmm i flew DME-SIP-DME as part of a larger One World routing and received 10 tier points and 190 miles each way.

Tier points ok maybe, but 190 miles??!
If you were booked in the lowest Booking Class (W), then 25% is all that S7 provides.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.5.1/Diamond - Reference: Ticketed Point Mileage [TPM]: DME-SIP]
Code:
MOW-SIP:   753 mi /  1212 km
----------------------------
Total:     753 mi /  1212 km
Old May 4, 2019, 3:57 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for S7 flights to post to BAEC?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Does anyone know how long it takes for S7 flights to post to BAEC?
Had a look at my S7 flight early march.

DUS-DME (had to make a claim for this one)
Transaction: 07-Mar-19
Posted: 26-Mar-19

DME-DUS (this one posted automatically)
Transaction: 11-Mar-19
Posted: 19-Mar-19
Voda_boy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.