Overcrowded lounge

Old Jun 11, 11, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, IC Amb and Plat, HH Diamond
Overcrowded lounge

Just after a bit of advice from the wise heads in this forum.

I have a few trips back and forwards to Prague this month and am getting a bit frustrated with the 3rd party (Menzies) lounge that BA use. Last week I was travelling alone and just about managed to get a seat in there, yesterday there were 3 of us travelling back and there were no seats spare (not even for 1 of us), people were standing up in the lounge with drinks and eats, place was heaving. Now it's only a small lounge anyway but this is turning out to be par for the course. Complained to the staff on the desk, but they just shrugged and said sorry (not sure what else they could do anyway). So we left

Ultimately not a huge issue (just a bit inconvenient) but it just feels that now BA are the only carrier, service is poor compared to other airports - never had this anywhere else. Do you think it's reasonable to ask for some food or drink vouchers/refund - 15 for 3 mall beers outside (ouch) or some miles to cover for this?
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:49 am
Suspended

Try the 'lounge' in CTA. Barely room to swing a cat and also full to over-capacity.
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by anothersuitcase View Post
Ultimately not a huge issue (just a bit inconvenient) but it just feels that now BA are the only carrier, service is poor compared to other airports - never had this anywhere else. Do you think it's reasonable to ask for some food or drink vouchers/refund - €15 for 3 mall beers outside (ouch) or some miles to cover for this?
I've seen far worse lounges that BA use than the one in PRG. There was a report a few weeks ago on the one in BOD which is considerably worse than that in PRG. So I don't think it's reasonable to ask for miles or vouchers.

Remember also it says in the t&c's of BAEC membership that lounges are "subject to availability".

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jun 11, 11 at 6:55 am
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:51 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The lounge is not great and does get busy although I am not sure there are many alternatives that BA could use?

Might be worth providing BA with some feedback.
Old Jun 11, 11, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Years since I was in PRG so can't remember...but it sounds like the LX lounge at ORD - nasty!
Old Jun 11, 11, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I think you should write to BA. You won't get anything, but at least it'll get logged somewhere.

Lounge access* is a big part of the business class experience*
*subject to capacity restrictions. We may unilaterally alter or withdraw any component of our product without notice. Whilst we may choose to endeavour to offer the services you have purchased, we may not be bothered to do so.
Old Jun 11, 11, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera View Post
Try the 'lounge' in CTA. Barely room to swing a cat and also full to over-capacity.
I don't think you'd want to swing a cat .
Old Jun 11, 11, 10:13 am
Ambassador

I'm sure cat-swinging is the latest must-have lounge amenity. CX and SQ already provide a range of felines to swing at your leisure.
Old Jun 11, 11, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Was on the BA 73 MCT-LHR this morning - classed as a Sleeper Service. It leaves Muscat just after midnight and as it's a Sleeper Service you're advised to eat in the lounge.

However the lounge is shared with absolutely every other airline using the airport (Oman Air's own lounge was closed) so it was standing room only for a long-haul Sleeper Service route. There are 4 or 5 small square tables but nothing specifically for BA passengers so it was impossible to sit down to eat. We eventually ended up on the floor in the kids' area with Tom & Jerry blaring out in the background.

Not a premium experience in any way and I think BA should consider properly feeding CW passengers ex-MCT during the first hop of the journey before the stop in AUH. Time would be tight but it needs to be better than this...

Search this Thread