Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

One Way Award Booking Help: ORD -- AMM -- HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite

I have a few questions for the BA resident experts. I have miles across AA and BA, and could use either to book travel, but with BA's liberal stopover policy, I might be inclined to book with BA. I am looking to book a one way ticket. So here are my questions:

1. I would like to fly Royal Jordanian business class from ORD to AMM, and stopover in AMM for 4-5 days, and then continue onward to HKG using RJ as well. Would such a stop over be permitted?

2. How many miles would be required to fly this route (ORD-AMM-HKG)?
Would the mileage be based on a ticket originating in North America and going to Far East, for a total of 60k miles? OR would I have to purchase two segments? One from North America to Middle East/Central Asia, and then a second from Middle East/Central Asia to Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to answer my questions.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by omars007
1. I would like to fly Royal Jordanian business class from ORD to AMM, and stopover in AMM for 4-5 days, and then continue onward to HKG using RJ as well. Would such a stop over be permitted?
Probably not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you'd fly westbound to AMM but eastbound to HKG.

BA's rule is
13.8. There are no charges for stopovers included in an Award itinerary. Where stopovers are at connecting points on the most direct route between origin and destination.
Originally Posted by omars007
2. How many miles would be required to fly this route (ORD-AMM-HKG)?
Would the mileage be based on a ticket originating in North America and going to Far East, for a total of 60k miles? OR would I have to purchase two segments? One from North America to Middle East/Central Asia, and then a second from Middle East/Central Asia to Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to answer my questions.
As seperate Legs, ORD-AMM on RJ in C is 80k.
AMM-HKG on RJ in C is 60k
ORD-HKG on CX in C is 50k (shockingly cheap imho!)
Old Jun 6, 2011, 4:57 pm

Stopover will force you to purchase two awards, one for ORD-AMM, and another for AMM-HKG.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
For the record, I booked the following

ATL - ORD First
ORD - AMM Business
This segment was 67,500 miles

Then did

AMM - BKK Business
BKK- HKG Business
This segment was only 30,000 miles!!! Talk about an incredible deal

Ooops....forgot to mention that this was on AA not using BAEC

Last edited by omars007; Jun 23, 2011 at 10:36 am Reason: correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.