50% Amex Bonus????

Old Jun 6, 11, 11:29 am
Original Poster

50% Amex Bonus????

Just logged on to Mem Miles, to see if any specials were going on, and it was totally , 1000 mem points = 1500 BA Miles. I transferred 100,000 for my upcoming trip, and BOOM......150,000 in BA account. So, paired with my companion tisket, thats 2 F tix to London in Sept for 100,000 mem miles!!
Old Jun 6, 11, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I may just be having a dim moment - but what are 'mem miles' and 'mem points'?
Old Jun 6, 11, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Apologies - I was having a dim moment - AMEX Membership Rewards! (I think?)
Old Jun 6, 11, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

illiteracy

WOW, I do apologize for my illiterate post. I was just so damned excited.

Ok, it seems that US Based Amex card holders are currently receiving a 50% bonus when transferring Amex points to British Airways Executive Club. Better than the 40% bonus offered in the spring.
Old Jun 6, 11, 3:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Correct. Now through 31 July, BA and American Express are offering a 50% bonus on transfers to BA from Amex membership rewards, I believe just for US accounts. Limit of one bonus per account under this promotion.

There was a 40% bonus for this transfer earlier is year, which I took advantage of.

The Chase BA visa card was offering a 100k sign up bonus earlier this year for new US card members as well.

BA seems to be really pushing hard in the US market. The only thing they're not yet doing is also awarding tier points with the transfers! (DL was doing that recently with mqm bonuses on transfer.)

As a former BA gold card holder, and a current AA EXP, I'm happy to see so many great ways to convert mr points into BA miles. Against that, when we see carriers offering miles so aggressively, at least in this market, that seems the be the pre-cursor to an other-than-trivial devaluation of the carrier's miles through a change in the award tables.

Fingers crossed it won't happen here!

Ba's surcharges on award tickets are essentially unheard of in the US - at least anywhere near the scale that BA charges - and while that keeps availability strong, it does dissuade many Americans from focusing on BA points. I personally don't mind paying the fuel surcharge to get 4 j seats on the exact TATL flight that I want!

Search this Thread