Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Only person in F - anyone ever been there done it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only person in F - anyone ever been there done it?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 10:55 pm

I almost forgot that my one time in LA F (before they got rid of it) was also a solo experience. I had actually injured my leg on a ski trip, and the crew was absolutely lovely in making sure I was comfortable. I do remember feeling slightly embarrassed at the "appetizer trolley" they used to bring then (which I think involved an entire Centolla crab) when I realized I was the only passenger being served from it. The crew was somewhat dismissive of my embarrassment in simply saying, "You're a very important passenger for us today."

Back in Varig's day, I am pretty sure I was alone or nearly alone on a JFK-GRU flight. I continued onto GIG from GRU, and am sure I was alone for that one. ANA might also have had me all alone on my ITM-NRT flight in F on a 747 they had somewhat oddly on that short route. The crew had taken note that I was connecting to their NRT-JFK flight in F as well, and were quite eager to have me lie down in several different fully reclined F beds on my short flight in order to decide which seat would be most comfortable for my long flight to JFK. (At the time, some were slightly longer than others) Very thoughtful.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I have been the only pax in F a couple of times on the TLV route when they had F on a 767 and on a number of occasions been 1 of 2 the most memorable was LHR-BLR......
Old May 26, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA
I've been one of only two passengers in F from LHR to YYZ in January 2008. I was an op up. Great F crew and service, much appreciated before my trip to Winnipeg.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
not F, but I was the only passenger once on the entire plane on a LHR-MAN shuttle. with a full crew
Old May 27, 2011, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
While I've been in packed out flights in F on the LHR-TLV route I've also been one of just two or three passengers in the cabin on the route, including a couple of weeks ago in NF.

Never alone though.

Question to the OP: When is your flight?
Old May 27, 2011, 1:21 am

Location: Beautiful Stockholm,....and now getting darker earlier...urgh
Programs: BAGold. That´s it....oh, and Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star
Originally Posted by pb3
It rather looks like I will be the only person in F in an upcoming flight unless a few op-ups takes place.
Quite afew years ago, when BA were running a (4 days a week) day return flight from BKK to LHR, the wife and I were in Club, with our three kids in economy. We were last to leave the First Lounge (we were both gold) at the old BKK airport, and on the way out we were given new boarding passes, 5EF^, thank you very much....

The only other 2 pax in First were an elderly couple in 4EF, and I can only guess that we were UG´d so the F cabin would not look so empty (the 747-400 was only half full). Quite a clever move I think. Of course, with 2 cabin crew looking after the 4 of us, the service was exceptional, as it would normally be, and we were offered a taster of "everything " on the menu during the flight:-:.

To crown everything, the CSD went and collected our kids from the the brand new WT plus cabin and plonked them in 4A, 5A and 4K one hour before landing. You can guess they were pretty chuffed... Thanks BA, just one of the reasons why we are loyal to you^^
Old May 27, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by bullroot
not F, but I was the only passenger once on the entire plane on a LHR-MAN shuttle. with a full crew
Old May 27, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Twice on CX - brilliant ^
Old May 27, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Solo in F on LH from BOM-MUC
And one of five on the LH/PrivatAir A319 from ORD-DUS, which felt very exclusive.
Old May 27, 2011, 2:35 am

Twice on Jet, I've had the entire cabin to myself on the LHR-BOM route. Amazing service, free flowing Dom and flirty air stewardesses.........the closest I've got to heaven so far!
Old May 27, 2011, 2:47 am

Have never been sole pax in F but many, many years ago was flying from Detroit to L.A. and there were only about 4 or 5 pax on the entire plane. Don't remember any details but it felt really weird. Felt like we were in a Twilight Zone* episode where Fate/Death had somehow missed us and we were now being "collected."

*Dating myself here. Now it would be likened to a "Final Destination" movie.
Old May 27, 2011, 2:49 am

About 3 yrs ago Air france SIN_CDG
Old May 27, 2011, 2:59 am

It was just four or five pax on BA4 JFK-LCY in June 2010. It was my virgin trip on this service and it felt quite exclusive to step on board the plan and hardly seeing any other pax in this intimate setting. The captain was actually commenting on how few people were travelling on this route.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Just me on the upper deck of a Lufthansa 747. It felt quite uncomfortable as the focus of all the attention. Being on our own as a party of two on a Thai 747 pointy-end cabin was much more fun.
Old May 27, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have 7 of us book into F from LHR to EWR in July and from what I can tell on the seat map there is only 1 other person travelling...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.