Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very OT: The beast gets stuck

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
I have much sympathy for Barry O'Barrma ... who would ever had expected that Dublin wouldn't have such smooth and level roadways as they do on the Beltway
I hope you are NOT one of those tea party sympathizers... My president's name is Barack Obama, if you don't know it.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
And the result: http://img.rasset.ie/000498d8-440.jpg
Old May 23, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I hope you are NOT one of those tea party sympathizers... My president's name is Barack Obama, if you don't know it.
Hes not called Barack when he is at home in Ireland!
Old May 23, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ardboe
In fairness you need a big one to move the car as its a bit heavy.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by origin
Hes not called Barack when he is at home in Ireland!
Have no idea what Barack stands for in Ireland, but he is address by "Mr President" Or "President Obama". Never Barack alone.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I do not emphasise with any extremists, of any persuasion. I did, however, speak to a T-P extremist a week or so ago. He was apparently lobbying The Hill, dressed as a Hessian and with his hat and musket. It's the land of the Free, and free speech, so I go with the flow!

Nor would I ever suggest that playing the "Roots" card with the Irish/American community [real or plastic] would have ever entered into his thinking. Your President is All-American

BTW, the British military affectionately call Her Majesty "Betty Windsor". Not to her face, of course.

We also have many names for our senior pole-climbing politicians too ... Tony Bliar and Gordo Broon spring immediately to mind, as does "The Boy Dave". They get respect when they deliver on election promises, of course

Last edited by T8191; May 23, 2011 at 1:24 pm
Old May 23, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only in Va.

All the troops are mobilizing to get ready to go knocking on doors for our president to be re-elected.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
waiting for the decleration of the "war on speed ramps" with some tactical F15 strikes to remove key assets

they can start with the ones outside my office
Old May 23, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can see Paddy going round there, offering to re-surface the driveway with some tarmac he had left over from the last job
Old May 23, 2011, 1:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I feel a bit sorry for him, actually. It would have embarrassed me a bit if I were him, although at the same time somewhat amused.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I feel a bit sorry for him, actually. It would have embarrassed me a bit if I were him, although at the same time somewhat amused.
I feel sorry for his staffers, who hadn't foreseen the potential problem. I think one or two nuts may be cracked by the weekend.

However, if you drive around in the The Beast you do have to accept that you can't go everywhere. That's why I use a 4x4, which copes with speed humps very well
Old May 23, 2011, 2:02 pm

I can see Paddy going round there, offering to re-surface the driveway with some tarmac he had left over from the last job
Any more 1970s jokes in there waiting to get out?
Old May 23, 2011, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Any more 1970s jokes in there waiting to get out?
Awk its not too bad Kgmm77.

I thought the man in your pic T8191 looked a bit like Duncan Holley??
Old May 23, 2011, 4:21 pm

First words inside The Beast: "I bet Trump put Gingrich up to this!"

On a more serious note, it was probably something closer to "there goes the pub crawl, sweetie," coming from the back seat.

(Honestly, isn't this why we send ahead a squadron of support planes? So the route may be driven first?)

I've been scouring the news wires for a foot-in-mouth comment about the Irish by VP Biden and so far have come up empty-handed. Takes most of the fun out of it, really!
Old May 23, 2011, 4:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I feel sorry for his staffers, who hadn't foreseen the potential problem. I think one or two nuts may be cracked by the weekend.
They probably have redder face than the one who has been directly 'embarrassed'.

I have to say the reactions of the audience in the video made me laugh out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.