Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Yes there is. Using the 'Search this Thread' facility HIDDY has posted an incredible 54 no. times (has the man got nothing better to do?),
A small sacrifice to make in order to defend BA....they should make me a Premier you know.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:52 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
40 of which have been off topic bickering between 2 or 3 posters.
Ssh, I was trying to cook the stats
Old May 29, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I did the right thing and contacted BA via e-mail, late Friday. Today (Sunday!) I got a response:

Dear Mr Lobengula

Thank you for your email and your feedback. It is important that we hear the views of our most frequent flyers, as they are likely to be a good representation of how are customers are feeling in general. I have passed this directly to our Loyalty Proposition team who will be collecting feedback from our customers to gauge the response to this change of policy.
Ok, it's a standard answer but I'm impressed with the two day response time on a weekend ^
Old May 29, 2011, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think a better statistic would be the number of admitted GCH's who are unhappy with this change. My offhand guess is 30. Maybe one of the people with too much time on their hands can do a manual count. Even if I had the time, it's too much to stomach to sift through the self-gratifying nonsense in this thread to find the material posts.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hfly
Paralytic, perhaps you are too UK and too BA centric.
I'm not sure what this is in reference to, or what it is inferring, but yes, I'm sure you're right, it must be that.

Originally Posted by hfly
When other airlines have instituted things that we have not liked we have taken action and in many cases have had decisions such as this reversed.
Who is "we"?

How many people do you think have complained to BA about the change? I simply don't see a groundswell of opinion going on here, or a campaign gathering pace.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Who is "we"?
I have already asked for 5 clearcut examples. Lets wait for those first.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A small sacrifice to make in order to defend BA....they should make me a Premier you know.
I believe Premier's are keeping their Open Doors benefit.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Amex
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
40 of which have been off topic bickering between 2 or 3 posters.
^^ Never have so few complained so much about so little...
Old May 29, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Back on topic, I don't think BA will revert this policy change. A company can't "flip-flop" decisions unless there's a really good reason to do so. It's much about "saving face" for the people responsible for the policy change.

What we can hope for is a revised policy where OD is limited to certain airports. This will save faces and please GCH.
Old May 29, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is exactly what I am hoping for, I would be fine with them "refining" the policy, hell, they can even say that it was an error and eliminate wherever they have LCC problems (LGW for example, but perhaps the most elegant would be for them to end it at UK airports).
Old May 30, 2011, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about those 5 examples hfly? I want details. What happened and what changed?

You should also try not to play the players. It is not very easy discussing something with someone if they include ad hominems.

Last edited by henkybaby; May 30, 2011 at 1:08 am
Old May 30, 2011, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Back on topic, I don't think BA will revert this policy change. A company can't "flip-flop" decisions unless there's a really good reason to do so. It's much about "saving face" for the people responsible for the policy change.
The other airlines that happen to have decent marketing departments turn the "flip flop" into a good thing. "We listened to our best customers and made some revisions to our new loyalty policies".
Old May 30, 2011, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last few days there have been no more posts from GCHs who have been annoyed by this enhancement whilst traveling. That leads me to conclude that the mail caused the irritation, not the change. If this thread will continue to generate a lot of new posts from new posters who protest this new 'benefit' I will believe it really has an impact.

Last edited by Prospero; May 30, 2011 at 11:47 am Reason: thread clean up
Old May 30, 2011, 2:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Regrettably and despite requests to discuss to topic and not the poster which have gone unheeded, I am going to close this thread for a short period of time.

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC forum
Old May 30, 2011, 12:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Folks, I have reviewed this thread forward of the reminder I posted here on 27 May regarding posting etiquette and am now able to reopen the thread following a precautionary tidy up.

We would like this thread to continue however moving forward this topic (the withdrawal of Anytime Access) cannot be allowed to become overtaken by personal commentary. Future transgressions shall receive little leniency.

Thank-you for your understanding.

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.