BA Lounge in PHX

Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Originally Posted by rockfan
I haven't been through there yet, but one of my colleagues was last week, and one of the lounge angels there had told me it was coming. They shuffled chairs around, added bartenders on both sides of the lounge. It is now a commercial lounge "The Club" from 0800 to 1530, and after 1530 reserved for BA. I'm not sure if BA pax are allowed in prior to 1530 without paying, or if a shiny card opens the door earlier. The cart of sandwiches is evidently gone, replaced by some little sliders (small burgers). I won't see it myself for a bit, as my next trip in May is via PHX-LAX-LHR in order to try F on the A380
Just here now and can confirm everything rockfan says above. Quite crowded and compact but really friendly staff and a good view of the runway and aircraft as it sits on the jetty. There are two computer desks, a tended small bar much like you would install at home, and a small offering of those "sliders" and some hot soups. Toilets outside and no showers that I could make out. Not bad but not great. About the same size as LAS.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
I'm currently in the lounge and was told that they had no champagne due to two busy previous flights Poor for First Class lounge
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by rockfan
I haven't been through there yet, but one of my colleagues was last week, and one of the lounge angels there had told me it was coming. They shuffled chairs around, added bartenders on both sides of the lounge. It is now a commercial lounge "The Club" from 0800 to 1530, and after 1530 reserved for BA. I'm not sure if BA pax are allowed in prior to 1530 without paying, or if a shiny card opens the door earlier. The cart of sandwiches is evidently gone, replaced by some little sliders (small burgers). I won't see it myself for a bit, as my next trip in May is via PHX-LAX-LHR in order to try F on the A380
LoL I hope I used FFP correctly, I refer to freaquent flier elite status

I can confirm BA only uses The Club lounge managed by Priority Pass most of the day. Flying BA eligible fare class or if you have sufficient FFP allows entry to this club Anytime it is open. At 15:30 everyone must leave and BA eligible fliers re-enter.

There is another change which I read on the BA website but didn't verify. There are 3-4 club lounges at PHX for One World passengers. As long as you are flying a One World affiliated airline with sufficient FFP or fare class, you may enter Any of the lounges. There are a few restrictions and I believe Only BA eligible fliers may enter The Club before 15:30 without paying $35 or other affiliation. But once it is officially a BA exclusive Club after 15:30 other eligible One World fliers can also enter.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Just a heads up: I am flying PHX-LAS on AA, then immediately connecting LAS-LHR in Club. The agent in Phoenix firmly refused entry to the Lounge. You *must* be departing directly from Phoenix to Heathrow - it doesnt matter that youre flying BA in CW from somewhere else, and your BA silver status doesnt work either.

Pretty flagrant violation of the rules, but Im not the type to cause a scene. Ill instead write a strongly worded letter...

Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Were you trying to access The Club at Phoenix? If so, that is an independent lounge that I believe BA contracts out for its 2 flights and some other airlines and Priority Pass contract out as well. I don't think the normal lounge access rules apply since it isn't a real BA lounge or Oneworld Lounge. It is very small and doesn't offer a lot so you are not missing out on very much.

With your ticket and status though I believe you should have access to any of the AA Admirals Clubs in Phx. Those are Oneworld Lounges that abide by the Oneworld access policies. If you were denied from one of those then that is indeed not correct.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

If you're referencing THE CLUB at Phoenix (I don't believe there is an actual BA Lounge at PHX), access is for BA customers only (F, J, Sapphire, or Emerald), or for $ (everyone else). I'd guess you didn't have a BA issued "single" through ticket (PHX-LAS-LHR). If it was instead an AA issued one (single through - no stopover), the matter is somewhat grey. This is only a guess. Let us know how this is resolved.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Passing through PHX later in the year
is it best to use the Admirals or the Club
departing BA F
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Use The Club. Theres a separate section for F and its only BA passengers prior to the BA flights, so its less crowded. The other 3 Admirals Club locations are adequate, but distant from the gate.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Nicksta
Use The Club. Theres a separate section for F and its only BA passengers prior to the BA flights, so its less crowded. The other 3 Admirals Club locations are adequate, but distant from the gate.
This was recently changed. Now at least PP-Members also have access after 3:30 pm.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Passing through PHX later in the year
and who is not?
(but I guess almost no one going directly to LHR from there)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Subscribed to Thread, as we're using BA ex-PHX for the first time next year. Still on AA via DUB for now, though!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by Lefly
and who is not?
(but I guess almost no one going directly to LHR from there)
actually doing an ex EU which uses the direct BA on the return :-)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by allturnleft

actually doing an ex EU which uses the direct BA on the return :-)
Not very TP-efficient though!
We’ve become accustomed to inserting PHL into the ex-DUB schedule. But next Feb we’re doing ex-LHR direct, as it was a good price and we will be OK for TPs by that stage.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Are there any lounges with showers at PHX? Got a 4-5 hour drive from LA so would prefer to freshen up ahead of the flight.
Thanks, J.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
There are no showers at PHX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.