BAs own hotel in New York?

Old May 10, 11, 12:49 am

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
If it's such a security risk, why do flight crews (of all airlines) not change at the airport, rather than wandering around the lobby in uniform?
Agreed. Seems rather silly. And a 30 second google search gives you the name of both hotels used by BA. As well as those used by EK, AF, CI, etc.
Old May 10, 11, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I was passing by a certain hotel in Glasgow one day and was surprised to see CO crew de-minibusing and going in. I would have thought they would have been put up in a four or five star rather than a three star.
My understanding was the need for a pool and a bar.

Maybe the company is a little more basic for their staff needs.
Old May 10, 11, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
Maybe you should take it down... for the crew's safety. I knew the name a crew member once told me.
I cant see if there is a real risk for crew, unless the airline becomes a target. The not so charming people in this world arent worried about which airline they attack, or which gives the best points. They are trying to get past the best security. This would be the ground staff who have the ability to get around this more than cabin crew.
Old May 10, 11, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by DWFI View Post
Perhaps this is because (I think) the hotel is called, or used to be called, at any rate, the Blah blah Hotel?

(I hope this is OK to post - I'm not ex-BA or anything. Happy to take down on request)...
Then please take it down.... that's my request...

Last edited by flygirl68; May 10, 11 at 7:16 am
Old May 10, 11, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by origin View Post
I cant see if there is a real risk for crew, unless the airline becomes a target. The not so charming people in this world arent worried about which airline they attack, or which gives the best points. They are trying to get past the best security. This would be the ground staff who have the ability to get around this more than cabin crew.
We HAVE been a target at times. Is it too much to ask that some things are left unsaid?
Old May 10, 11, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flygirl68 View Post
We HAVE been a target at times. Is it too much to ask that some things are left unsaid?
Why would they target cabin crew. They are not involved in security and have to go through the same procedures like everyone else.
Old May 10, 11, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From reading the reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel would be more helpful to anyone who is interested than reading on here.
Old May 10, 11, 3:53 am

Programs: BA bronze
Why would they target cabin crew. They are not involved in security and have to go through the same procedures like everyone else.

I think Flyergirl is referring to the individual security of cabin crew down route. There have been a number of cases where CC have been targeted at their hotel.

Old May 10, 11, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by flygirl68 View Post
Then please take it down.... that's my request...
AAARRRRRGGGhgggghhhh, Girl, now even if he wants to take it down... YOU made sure it stayed.
Old May 10, 11, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

Origin... origin, origin....how about a looney tune passenger who got upset with a crew member and one night on a drunken rage goes after them at the hotel....
Old May 10, 11, 5:48 am

If there is so much concern about safety for the crew, then how come this one slipped through the net about the Hilton being the crew hotel in Barbados? Or are LGW crew not that important?

It would be simple to find out crew hotels very easily by either searching online or through other methods. Basically a lot of this is public knowledge (ie it's out there) so it's very strange to impose censorship.
Old May 10, 11, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, SPG Plat
I agree. The security risk is minimal, I think.

However I have removed it. The two of you who quoted me should do likewise...
Old May 10, 11, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
Origin... origin, origin....how about a looney tune passenger who got upset with a crew member and one night on a drunken rage goes after them at the hotel....
Most drunks forget their issues or problems after a little sleep. I doubt they would remember the cabin crew at all after their rest.
Old May 10, 11, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motors View Post
It would be simple to find out crew hotels very easily by either searching online or through other methods. Basically a lot of this is public knowledge (ie it's out there) so it's very strange to impose censorship.
I think that the crew at JFK are a little better behaved. Its only the virgin crew who get drunk, run around naked and get close to the pax. This isnt allowed and should stop now.

That thread talks about a thread on tripadvisor. There is a similar comment about the JFK hotel.
Old May 10, 11, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
With all respect, I can understand why BA want to keep thewir hotels secret.
On the other hand, how can they control it? I understand that it's well known on here, that we do not mention where they are staying here on FT, but what about the rest of the internet? Trip Reports on other forums, Tripadvisor, etc. etc.

The crew members are very visible in their uniforms, and there are people who are bound to see them there, and you can't control how all these people tell their friends/family/co-workers about their stay at this-and-that hotel.

Again: I do understand why, but can't understand how.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: