Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways ruined my surprise.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT williamrowntree. ^

I hope that you and your wife enjoy your holiday.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henkybaby
That is what I dislike about those destinations. Same goes for Maldives or Mauritius...
Depends what you want to do, when I was in the Maldives we dived with manta rays, went open reef snorkelling from a speedboat for the afternoon, sailing, etc, etc. You get the picture, if you like being in or on the water there is plenty to do.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Of course it is horses for courses. I was a bit quick dismissing MLE and MRU. I may not like them because there is too little variation but if you like scooba diving or snorkling it is of course perfect.

I just prefer destinations with more variation. Beaches, scenic landscapes, culture, etc. I would do Sri Lanka over the Maldives any day of the week.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: BA BLUE, HH, AC/UA
A few years ago when I lived in NY I decided to take my partner on a surprise trip. So, I did all the packing and we hopped in a cab. I told the driver to take us to "America West" at JFK. My partner thought, "Ah...Vegas!" or maybe San Francisco."

The America West "terminal" at JFK is, in fact the BA terminal so he then thought, "Ah...London or Amsterdam."

Since I knew many of the BA staff at T7 I found a familiar face who checked us in for our flight. We clear security and go to the gate...the Cathay Pacific gate, (also in T7). He says, "We can't be going to Hongkong for the weekend."

No, we weren't. We went to Vancouver which is an intermediate stop on one of the JFK HKG flights.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I just prefer destinations with more variation. Beaches, scenic landscapes, culture, etc.
We have plenty of that in Edinburgh and the surrounding area. Yellowcraig and Gullane beaches, Arthur's Seat (a dormant volcano) and loads of culture especially in August when the Festival is on. Plenty of BA availability/flights but mind it is not as warm as the Indian Ocean though.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Physci
All seems very strange as I regularly make booking for me and OH (and enter her BAEC number atthe time of booking) and she has never had an email from BA telling her about the flights I have just booked.
Same here, I always book the flights and husband never gets a confirmation (or any emails about time changes etc), even when his BAEC number is in the booking too.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by JamieT
Same here, I always book the flights and husband never gets a confirmation (or any emails about time changes etc), even when his BAEC number is in the booking too.
Exact opposite for me but then I know that the people I'm booking for have their email addresses in their EC account, and can also see their email accounts as well.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
So sorry to hear that they ruined your surprise. I know that you were probably going to get as much enjoyment telling your wife that you were taking her to St. Lucia as much as she was going to enjoy hearing the news.

Hopefully, she was surprised though when she saw the e-mail.

Wish you and your wife the best holiday!

Originally Posted by williamrowntree
British Airways ruined my surprise, and took the gloss off our holiday.

My wife and I have a special anniversary coming up, so as a surprise I booked a week’s holiday for the two of us in St Lucia, Premium Economy out and Club World back. At £4343 not cheap, but worth it. I was looking forward to seeing the smile and pleasure on her face.

However, having only just completed the deal you can imagine my astonishment when my wife walks in and asks what is going on. Before I had even had the chance to tell her what I had planned, British Airways had simultaneously sent her a copy of my confirmation email with all the details.

So much for the fun and pleasure of surprising her.

I have emailed British Airways Customer Relations asking for an explanation, but more than two weeks later I am still waiting for a reply.

Has anything like this ever happened to any other British Airways passenger?

What should I do, indeed, what can I do about it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.