Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Little Bit of Help with my Prague Trip!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by janed9388
The club lounge access is 60 euro / night but we thought we got value for that, access to full breakfast buffet (downstairs as well as mini buffet in lounge), snacks at 6pm (ish) and plenty to drink (beer and "champagne" during the day & spirits at night). They don't seem to comp it even through we were upgraded to a huge suite & I was hesitant as it seemed pricey but worked out very well.

watch out for the bar prices though - expensive (4 x rum and coke 50+ euro !!)
Thanks for this I have IC Gold Ambassador status so these little extras will add to a very pleasant stay and trip to prague ^

Really looking forward to it now
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hello Everyone

At the end of this month my girlfriend and I are travelling to Prague from T5 in Club Europe and i wondered if i could ask a little bit of advice.

1. Am i right due to travelling CE i check in at Zone H in T5? and also is the Fast Track Security near here aswell?

2. Are we allowed in both North and South lounges when travelling CE? And i read something about an even smaller lounge somewhere is that T5B?

3. If any of you have been to Prague before do you no roughly how much the taxi fare would be from the Airport to the centre of Prague, Just an idea of cost.

4. And finally a rough idea at the costs of drinks? A friend has advised me czech beer is very cheap but other lager corona for example is very expensive? Your thoughts please.

As always any responses are most gratefull and thankfully received.

Hi Padmiester,

I hope I can be of help

1. I think so, I usually just travel with hand luggage or no luggage as we live between London and Prague.

2. Yes, Galleries Club, North and South

3. Depending on the part of town you're heading. Yellow Cabs (AAA or 111) outside the terminal building are in the order of 500kc (28kc/£ today) for the city centre so about £20. Don't forget to pick up a discount voucher for the return trip - it saves 47% off the fare ^

4. Depends on the bar. My local charges 28kc a half litre of Czech beer. A city centre bar may be closer to 40-50kc. A wine bar like Tretters or Bombay will charge close on 80kc for a Sol and 120kc for a G&T

hope this helps
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
Hi Padmiester,

I hope I can be of help

1. I think so, I usually just travel with hand luggage or no luggage as we live between London and Prague.

2. Yes, Galleries Club, North and South

3. Depending on the part of town you're heading. Yellow Cabs (AAA or 111) outside the terminal building are in the order of 500kc (28kc/£ today) for the city centre so about £20. Don't forget to pick up a discount voucher for the return trip - it saves 47% off the fare ^

4. Depends on the bar. My local charges 28kc a half litre of Czech beer. A city centre bar may be closer to 40-50kc. A wine bar like Tretters or Bombay will charge close on 80kc for a Sol and 120kc for a G&T

hope this helps
Hi ComputerCommuter,

Thank you so much for your valuable advice where do i go to get the discount voucher? and i have been told AAA are a reputable taxi company is this correct? if so i will use them i think ^
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:14 am

I've always gotten the Airport Bus and then the Metro to get in, costs absolute peanuts.

I've been to Praha plenty of times, and each time it gets better and better. Can heartily recommend Karlovy Lazhny, which is a five-floor club next to the George Bridge and the Beer Factory, where you pour your own beer at the table. There's also a large place called Lucerna Music Bar where you can get a beer for about £1, and be chatted up by comely Eastern European and American girls.

The foods great, and very little beats a good few litres of Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen.

Have also been with the Mrs, who was very keen on the old town, black light theatre and a tourist-trap classical concert, but quickly ignored any of that rubbish and let her go on her own, and got straight on the pilsner whilst watching football without her. Bliss.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi ComputerCommuter,

Thank you so much for your valuable advice where do i go to get the discount voucher? and i have been told AAA are a reputable taxi company is this correct? if so i will use them i think ^
Hi,

AAA are very reliable, I use them all the time with very few issues and any I do have are resolved immediately.

If you specifically want an AAA car, then go to their desk in the departure hall (after baggage reclaim), there they will also give you the voucher for the return trip and call you a driver. If you just walk out to the taxi rank, you're expected to take the first car available be it AAA or 111. The drivers of both should also have a supply of vouchers but it's hit and miss.

If you like fusion/fish try a restaurant called NoStress, it's very good. Bar wise, Tretters make great cocktails
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
Hi,

AAA are very reliable, I use them all the time with very few issues and any I do have are resolved immediately.

If you specifically want an AAA car, then go to their desk in the departure hall (after baggage reclaim), there they will also give you the voucher for the return trip and call you a driver. If you just walk out to the taxi rank, you're expected to take the first car available be it AAA or 111. The drivers of both should also have a supply of vouchers but it's hit and miss.

If you like fusion/fish try a restaurant called NoStress, it's very good. Bar wise, Tretters make great cocktails
Thanks alot CC i will go with AAA as soon as i collect my baggage when we land and ask about the return voucher ^

And the cocktails will go down well with the mrs
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:44 pm

If you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing by foot, make sure you have sturdy shoes. Prague's streets are cobbled and I can say from painful experience that Mrs P may want to forget about wearing any Jimmy Choos
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delseyd
If you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing by foot, make sure you have sturdy shoes. Prague's streets are cobbled and I can say from painful experience that Mrs P may want to forget about wearing any Jimmy Choos
Yes i made sure she was on the case for some sensible walking around shoes ^
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by delseyd
Prague's streets are cobbled and I can say from painful experience that Mrs P may want to forget about wearing any Jimmy Choos

Oh no! Heels add fun and challenge to the whole visit (as I have done).
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Oh no! Heels add fun and challenge to the whole visit (as I have done).
I obviously got the fun and challenge ratio the wrong way round!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Panda4
I've always gotten the Airport Bus and then the Metro to get in, costs absolute peanuts.
Do the buses run pretty frequently? I am arriving on the last BA flight(10.30pm), will happily take the bus although if it will take considerably longer then would spring for a taxi. Re. The taxi return voucher, I assume i just present it on collection or do I need to mention it when calling for it.

Like the idea of the beer factory, looks a bit like a tourist trap though. Can anyone recommend somewhere similar that would maybe cater more so to locals?

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I´m off to Prague for the 1st time in June so I have been doing some research myself

Check out www.aaataxi.cz where if you look in the discount section explains how to use the return discount voucher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.