Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting from LHR T4 to T5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Connecting from LHR T4 to T5

I'm flying from Bangalore to Heathrow via Mumbai on Kingfisher for work purposes. On arriving, with it being the Bank Holiday weekend, I wanted to head up North to visit my parents in Newcastle, so was looking at what options were available.

The IT flight from Mumbai arrives at T4 at 17:50, and the BA flight I'm looking at leaves at 21:00 from T5.

1. Would this allow enough time to claim my baggage, transfer terminals, and meet the 35 min security rule at T5?

2. Would IT check my bag through to NCL, even though the LHR-NCL flight is on a separate ticket. Even if so, is this a wise idea?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by barella
I'm flying from Bangalore to Heathrow via Mumbai on Kingfisher for work purposes. On arriving, with it being the Bank Holiday weekend, I wanted to head up North to visit my parents in Newcastle, so was looking at what options were available.

The IT flight from Mumbai arrives at T4 at 17:50, and the BA flight I'm looking at leaves at 21:00 from T5.

1. Would this allow enough time to claim my baggage, transfer terminals, and meet the 35 min security rule at T5?

2. Would IT check my bag through to NCL, even though the LHR-NCL flight is on a separate ticket. Even if so, is this a wise idea?
More than enough time.

However, I would imagine that IT would check them through, I am sure it has been spoken about before on here for such circumstances. They are a OW carrier and you are connecting to another OW carrier, we operate code share flights with them, so there must be some form of interline agreement for baggage.

If you can get them checked through, then you can transfer air side, but if not, 3H10 is more than enough to collect bags, transfer and re-check. No worries.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
More than enough time.

However, I would imagine that IT would check them through, I am sure it has been spoken about before on here for such circumstances. They are a OW carrier and you are connecting to another OW carrier, we operate code share flights with them, so there must be some form of interline agreement for baggage.

If you can get them checked through, then you can transfer air side, but if not, 3H10 is more than enough to collect bags, transfer and re-check. No worries.
hi BBB, thanks, I was looking for this information,
have a similar situation but 2H10 connection time from IT to BA - assuming baggage is checked through, i guess i should make it across to T5 without any challenges but my concern is will i have enough time to enjoy a Guinness draught at T5?
Old May 27, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
More than enough time.

Normally I wouldn't butt in where BBB has already given his authoritative word. But IT is not, yet, a oneworld member so you may not get your bags interlined (of course, it'll be IT handling your checkin). If the flights were on the same itinerary however.....
Old May 27, 2011, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Feroze
Normally I wouldn't butt in where BBB has already given his authoritative word. But IT is not, yet, a oneworld member so you may not get your bags interlined (of course, it'll be IT handling your checkin). If the flights were on the same itinerary however.....
Flights are on the same itinerary so i guess should be ok though i wont be too dissapointed if i miss my connection and am 'forced' to spend the night at london
Old May 27, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by manuc
Flights are on the same itinerary so i guess should be ok though i wont be too dissapointed if i miss my connection and am 'forced' to spend the night at london
Your bags will be checked through. Just follow the purple Flight Connections signs. On a 2h10 connection you may have about 30 mins for a pint of the black stuff.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Feroze
Your bags will be checked through. Just follow the purple Flight Connections signs. On a 2h10 connection you may have about 30 mins for a pint of the black stuff.
Awesome thanks, that sounds great ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.