Musical Chairs

Old Apr 7, 11, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Musical Chairs

At the gate in a 767 already delayed fir departure since some of the pax refuse to move to their allocated seats. Plane half empty so the masses moved forwards. Try and explain 'trim' when you're in a hurry. No water and disco lighting yet and the door at 27K is manned.
Old Apr 7, 11, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Throw the buggers off the plane.....preferably once it's airborne.
Old Apr 7, 11, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Reminds me of finding someone in my wonderful 8F on a 321, fortunately the crew were right there manning the door.

Hilariously the guy said to the crew that "you can sit where you like" and that I should find an empty seat. The crew chucked him to his 28E...
Old Apr 7, 11, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would appear that this was / will be a fun flight for you.

Why is it people forget how to count at an airport. Maybe that MP had the right idea.
Old Apr 7, 11, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It was a 'fun' flight. The plane seemed to come apart during the taxi to the runway. Not unexpected. The crew was extremely young and handsome (especially the two Nathalies) but were invisible for most of the flight and were busy gossiping in the rear galley. A sandwich was tossed (!) in my lap in the beginning of the flight. I received one drink and that was the last we saw of the crew.

The flight was rather bumpy and 30 min before scheduled arrival time the pilot came on to tell us that due to the strong crosswinds in ARN we were put in a holding pattern. This was the most uncomfortable holding pattern I ever experienced and people were actually yelling with fear every once in a while. It also delayed us by 30 mins.

The approach was interesting to say the least. Twice I heard the engined revving to full power if only for a second but we did not abort. We came in hard and fast on the left wheels first but he had it under control quite quickly. It did not feel Ike an unstable approach.

The captain did come on to congratulate his FO for this landing under 'rather sporty conditions' and I guess that is saying something.

Next we needed to wait 10 mins for a marshall and the icing on the cake is that there is no electricity for the Arlanda Express so I am typing this in the back of a taxi.

At least it wasn't boring...
Old Apr 7, 11, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
The approach was interesting to say the least. Twice I heard the engined revving to full power if only for a second but we did not abort. We came in hard and fast on the left wheels first but he had it under control quite quickly. It did not feel Ike an unstable approach.
Ahhh ... the joys of auto-throttles and auto-approach.

A good 'driver' is described as having "a good pair of hands" ... computers aren't subtle. The last bit [once you're over the piano keys at the threshold] is when you discover how good a pilot you've got
Old Apr 7, 11, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Ahhh ... the joys of auto-throttles and auto-approach.

A good 'driver' is described as having "a good pair of hands" ... computers aren't subtle. The last bit [once you're over the piano keys at the threshold] is when you discover how good a pilot you've got
Well, we are alive and every landing you walk away from is a good one. Did not feel very comfy though. It had been a while since my palms were slightly sweaty. Also invigorating in a sense. Stockholm is a lovely city by the way...
Old Apr 7, 11, 4:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hmmm..... It's been windy in Copenhagen today. Could be worse tomorrow. Not looking forward to my 17.30 flight
Old Apr 7, 11, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the gate in a 767.
What did the 767 have a gate in it?
Old Apr 7, 11, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The plane seemed to come apart during the taxi to the runway.
Nothing a bit of duct tape can't fix.
Old Apr 7, 11, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191 View Post
Reminds me of finding someone in my wonderful 8F on a 321, fortunately the crew were right there manning the door.

Hilariously the guy said to the crew that "you can sit where you like" and that I should find an empty seat. The crew chucked him to his 28E...
Old Apr 7, 11, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
The plane seemed to come apart during the taxi to the runway.
Nothing a bit of duct tape can't fix.
Old Apr 7, 11, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the door at 27K is manned.
And so it should be... It should always be manned whilst passengers are onboard on the ground.

Search this Thread