FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   100,000 Mile Bonus For Chase Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1202422-100-000-mile-bonus-chase-credit-card.html)

pdrickey Apr 5, 2011 6:40 pm

100,000 Mile Bonus For Chase Credit Card

Not sure if this has been posted already... but just logged into my BA account and saw an ad for the 100,000 mile offer.. here is the link it takes you to: https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...ID=&PROMO=DF01 So mad right now because I just applied and received my card last week Anyone know if they will let me apply this offer to my card??

Droch Apr 5, 2011 7:32 pm

The link above didnt work but I also just logged into my ba account and saw the same promo. Heres a link I tried in 2 other browsers and it worked.

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...ID=&PROMO=DF01

Now, no foreign transaction fees.*

From dining in Paris to shopping in Amsterdam, you won’t have to pay a foreign transaction fee with the British Airways Visa SignatureŽ Card.1 Accepted at millions of locations worldwide—it’s just one of the ways the card helps world travellers like you explore worldwide destinations for less.

For a limited time, new cardmembers receive 100,000 bonus BA Miles—enough for two round-trip transatlantic flights.

Apply by May 6, 2011 and you’ll also receive our most generous enrollment offer of the year—up to 100,000 bonus BA Miles. You’ll earn 50,000 bonus BA Miles after your first purchase2 on the card and an additional 50,000 bonus BA Miles after spending $2,500 on your card within the first three months of activation.3

More exclusive benefits include:

BA Miles for every dollar spent—Earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases. Earn 1.25 BA Miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases.4
BA Miles Travel Together Ticket—With the BA Miles Travel Together Ticket, you can bring a companion on your next reward flight without using any additional BA Miles. Every year you spend $30,000 on your card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years. For more details, visit ba.com/traveltogetherticket.5
Not an Executive Club member?

When you apply for the British Airways Visa Signature Card, you’ll automatically be enrolled in the Executive Club. As a member, you’ll enjoy earning BA Miles for reward travel, exclusive offers and more.

nmenaker Apr 5, 2011 8:01 pm

yes

Apparently this has been verified as valid, more details to come.

Droch Apr 5, 2011 8:13 pm

If the offer is open long enough, I would concider taking a ding on my credit report to close my wifes card and open a new one. Chase won't allow a product line transfer for current cards, they state that you either have to keep it open or close.

I have already put a good dent into the 30k for another 2-4-1.

Any suggestions on how to get more points let me know.

nmenaker Apr 5, 2011 8:42 pm

six months

Originally Posted by Droch (Post 16167791)
If the offer is open long enough, I would concider taking a ding on my credit report to close my wifes card and open a new one. Chase won't allow a product line transfer for current cards, they state that you either have to keep it open or close.

I have already put a good dent into the 30k for another 2-4-1.

Any suggestions on how to get more points let me know.

I THINK one needed to be out for six months to qualify for a new offer

longleaf Apr 5, 2011 8:48 pm

This 100,000 offer is probably in response to the the new fuel surcharge on AA flights with BA miles.

stealph Apr 5, 2011 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 16167932)
I THINK one needed to be out for six months to qualify for a new offer

Myself and other FTers have recently been able to get Chase cards after 30 days. I have also been able to get one after under 30 days but had to reduce credit limit of another card. As always, YMMV but after 30days is common wait period.

stealph Apr 5, 2011 8:55 pm

More discussion on VftW:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/

It would be nice to hear FTs suggestions of the best use of these miles, now-a-days.

Droch Apr 5, 2011 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by stealph (Post 16168004)
More discussion on VftW:

It would be nice to hear FTs suggestions of the best use of these miles, now-a-days.

Best use of miles. Well I spent 30k last year got the 2-4-1 along with my wifes getting a card 200k miles, she traveled some. So far I have booked
F to LHR from PHL return CW LHR to PHL then 2 first/business tickets on AA from PHL to AUA, and then this year used the 2-4-1 going F PHL to TXL and return MUC to PHL.

Yes there are fuel surcharges on the BA portion AA didnt have them at the time but I have booked gotten about 30-40000 dollars worth of flights for about 2000 dollars in taxes.

yyzvoyageur Apr 5, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm green with envy. The best sign-up bonus we can get in Canada is 15 000 RBC points on a $120/year card and hope for a 1.5x transfer bonus to BA. Or I could go for the only Canadian BA credit card available and get a mere 10 000 BA miles for a $165 annual fee. There's not nearly enough competition up here in the credit card realm, but then again all of our major banks were able to carry on quite nicely during the financial crisis.

Droch Apr 5, 2011 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by stealph (Post 16167985)
Myself and other FTers have recently been able to get Chase cards after 30 days. I have also been able to get one after under 30 days but had to reduce credit limit of another card. As always, YMMV but after 30days is common wait period.

Stealph, So did you had the BA Chase Card, you cancled it and then reapplied for another BA Chase Card.

I would love to do a product line transfer but the last time my wife went to do that they said she had to cancel the account.

stealph Apr 5, 2011 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Droch (Post 16168111)
Stealph, So did you had the BA Chase Card, you cancled it and then reapplied for another BA Chase Card.

I would love to do a product line transfer but the last time my wife went to do that they said she had to cancel the account.

No, never had the BA card, I currently have Chase United(last year), Priority Club, and recently got the Continental(March). If I wait 30 days and offer to cancel my United (which is coming up with 2nd year fee anyway, I should be able to get this as my new 3rd Chase card.

My understanding is that if you have already had the BA card, you won't get the bonus this time around.

thepointsguy Apr 5, 2011 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by stealph (Post 16168004)
More discussion on VftW:

I put together a blog post about some tips on using BA miles (you can ignore the first couple tips because they were in reference to the Amex 40% transfer bonus).

In a nutshell- I like BA for
-South America awards with a bunch of stopovers
-Cathay awards
-BA First when you end up getting the New First :D
-Domestic AA awards have no fuel surcharge. Total tax/fees on my one-way first class SFO-JFK was $2.50. Even my Cathay JFK-YVR in business only had $85 in fees.
- Using the household feature so you can combine multiple accounts
- Using BA.com to search Oneworld partner availability

Winner Apr 6, 2011 2:21 am

The link posted by Drotch takes me to the application but the application doesn't mention the 100K offer. BA's website still has the 50K offer. Is there an active link to a 100K offer?

Droch Apr 6, 2011 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Winner (Post 16168909)
The link posted by Drotch takes me to the application but the application doesn't mention the 100K offer. BA's website still has the 50K offer. Is there an active link to a 100K offer?

As I mention in my post my biggest concern with the application is that it doesnt mention the 100k, it does mention the new annual fee of $95. The link is directly from the ba site and matches one found in somones blog.

Supposedly this wasn't supposed to go live untill today-Wednesday.

As before mentioned, I would not click on any offer till you see next to the application the rules behind receiving the 100k.
It could be that ba was getting things ready to launch today like the blog mentions.