Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Mile Bonus For Chase Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jack Burton
I called Chase at 800-432-3117, and then navigated my way through the voice system until I could reach a CSR.

Applied last Monday night, 4/11,...was approved by Wednesday (according to my pre-existing online Chase account),...called on Thursday night and asked for expedited shipment of card,...rep said it would arrive in 2 business days at no cost to me. I expect my card to arrive tomorrow, Monday, 4/18.

So, as expected, the call for expedited shipping did work. Received my card today by UPS Express Delivery, a bit less than 7 days after I applied. Funny though, I also received the same card by standard US Mail as well, haha.

Would have never called for the expedited service had they emailed me about it being approved and shipped or if they changed the automated voice mail system to say something other than, "Your application is still being processed. We will notify you by US mail in 15-30 days". Or whatever that thing said.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:34 am

For note, when I called today to expedite my order, the representative argued with me for 15 minutes telling me it wasn't possible as I wasn't an existing Chase customer. Eventually, I got through to a supervisor who expedited my order within 20 seconds. Should be receiving it tomorrow!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: CO, AA, BA
Does anyone know the specific rules for getting the 2-4-1? I know you have to spend $30k in one calendar year, but does that mean if I spent $29k by December 30, and I go to a store and put $1000 on my card, I will get the 2-4-1? Or does the statement date have to be before the end of the year? Seems like getting the 2-4-1 might be difficult this year, as the year is already 1/4 over.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I know the t&c say that the miles will post in 4-6 weeks. Has this typically been the case for people who have previously had the card or have they gotten it much much sooner?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by JD8808
Does anyone know the specific rules for getting the 2-4-1? I know you have to spend $30k in one calendar year, but does that mean if I spent $29k by December 30, and I go to a store and put $1000 on my card, I will get the 2-4-1? Or does the statement date have to be before the end of the year? Seems like getting the 2-4-1 might be difficult this year, as the year is already 1/4 over.
All of the rules can be found at:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:02 am

I read the small print and it still isn't clear to me if you need to spend $30,000in the year, or if the statement in which you spend the $30,000 needs to post within the year. If your statements run from, say the 10th of the month, you could miss out on all the spending you do from December 11-31. And this year, in which new cardholders have already lost out on 1/4 of the year, that could make a difference. I'm just saying, its not clear from the small print.

Has anyone had any experience getting the card for somebody who themselves have 0 income, but their family income is relatively high? I was thinking about asking my wife to sign up for the card for the extra 100k miles, but she doesn't work outside the house and has $0 income. But I think the form asks for family income, which would include my income.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Avios
I read the small print and it still isn't clear to me if you need to spend $30,000in the year, or if the statement in which you spend the $30,000 needs to post within the year. If your statements run from, say the 10th of the month, you could miss out on all the spending you do from December 11-31. And this year, in which new cardholders have already lost out on 1/4 of the year, that could make a difference. I'm just saying, its not clear from the small print.

Has anyone had any experience getting the card for somebody who themselves have 0 income, but their family income is relatively high? I was thinking about asking my wife to sign up for the card for the extra 100k miles, but she doesn't work outside the house and has $0 income. But I think the form asks for family income, which would include my income.
I just signed up for my wife (who doesn't work) and just used household income and she received the approval immediately (or almost) and the card within a week...so, IMHO, I don't think you'll have a problem!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:11 pm

BA 100,000 or AA 75,000

Hi, total newbie here (I have never even had a credit card before) so any and all information will be appreciated.

I am looking at the best option between the BA 100,000 Chase Card and the AA 75,000 Citi Card. My main goal right now is to be able to travel between Tokyo and New York City.

Here is what I've gathered so far:

BA charges fuel surcharges on their flights, even if you use your BA miles to book on an AA flight, correct? That means that a flight between NRT and JFK will run me about $900, whereas a normally priced AA ticket can be had for about $1200.

AA does not charge fuel surcharges, do they? If not, I assume that 75,000 miles with AA might be better than the 100,000 with BA?

Lastly, I had been told by someone else that BA offers many different reward types, and that on some flights, you don't pay fuel surcharges? Is this true, and if so, how can I find out what flights?

If you can answer any of the questions, or just provide your own opinion on the situation, I'd be very thankful.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:11 pm

I read the small print and it still isn't clear to me if you need to spend $30,000 in the year, or if the statement in which you spend the $30,000 needs to post within the year. If your statements run from, say the 10th of the month, you could miss out on all the spending you do from December 11-31. And this year, in which new cardholders have already lost out on 1/4 of the year, that could make a difference. I'm just saying, its not clear from the small print.
The "small print" in the Terms & Conditions says:
"To be entitled to receive a voucher, the Member must have reached the required Spend Target within a 12 month period starting each year on January 1 and ending on December 31 (the “Twelve Month Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, if a customer opens a Credit Card account on any date following January 1 then they must have reached their Spend Target by December 31 of that year to be awarded a voucher."

It is very clear. This answers both of your inquiries. Start spending on January 1. Stop spending on December 31. Add up all of your spending. Did you reach $30,000? Then, start spending again for next year. There is no mention of statement dates, or posting dates. None. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:41 am

Thanks Steve. That sounds easy enough. I guess I may be going on a spending spree on December 30 this year.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
Question for everyone? I live in the UK and have USA passport and address, applied for the chase card and have been approved. My Exec account is based in the UK do I need to transfer my account to USA for 6 months.

Thanks,
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
Anyone else get a letter from Chase offering 10,000 miles if you spend in April, May and June? My other half got one offered by mail but it appears the didn't put a spending requirement in, there is a double space where they should have put the dollar figure in!

I'm tempted to tell her to put a small amount through in each of three months and then try to claim the 10,000 miles, citing the letter. Unless you look carefully it's not completely obvious they'd made an error. A cursory glance would suggest otherwise. We run most of the spend through my card for the companion voucher purposes since I travel more than she does.

Originally Posted by christianBA
Question for everyone? I live in the UK and have USA passport and address, applied for the chase card and have been approved. My Exec account is based in the UK do I need to transfer my account to USA for 6 months.
Yes.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: HH diamond
Has anyone been approved for the bonus who had a card previously? The T&C do say only new card members are eligible. I received an email offer. The last time I had a card was 2 yrs ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.