FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   100,000 Mile Bonus For Chase Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1202422-100-000-mile-bonus-chase-credit-card.html)

Hoch Apr 8, 11 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 16182209)
Nobody is saying they should. The whole point is the BA imposed fuel surcharge is significantly above other market players.

I had not realised that this was a discussion about microeconomic business decisions :rolleyes: For
the avoidance of doubt, I dislike the fuel surcharge as much as the next person.

My sole point was to question why there is a view that BA should not pass along taxes for
redemption flights. I appreciate that it makes a benefit less so because it has some strings
attached, namely a monetary payment.

H

Captain Schmidt Apr 8, 11 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Hoch (Post 16182267)
I had not realised that this was a discussion about microeconomic business decisions :rolleyes: For
the avoidance of doubt, I dislike the fuel surcharge as much as the next person.

My sole point was to question why there is a view that BA should not pass along taxes for
redemption flights. I appreciate that it makes a benefit less so because it has some strings
attached, namely a monetary payment.

H

I don't believe anyone has suggested that BA should not pass along taxes - the question is whether or not they should pass on the fuel surcharge (YQ) which is a BA imposed charge, not a government one.

Ross0 Apr 9, 11 7:33 pm

Anyone know if this offer is still valid? I can't get the link to work when I click on the "Apply Now" link from Britishairways.com US site.

Thanks

triptastic101 Apr 9, 11 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ross0 (Post 16190567)
Anyone know if this offer is still valid? I can't get the link to work when I click on the "Apply Now" link from Britishairways.com US site.

Thanks

Worked for me yesterday ...

linda705 Apr 9, 11 8:46 pm

Newbie here. I am considering applying for this card. I can't figure out the BA website. Does anyone know what the fuel surcharge is RT from HOU to HNL.

Prospero Apr 10, 11 6:15 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk, linda705,

You can use the ITA website to estimate the amount of taxes/fees/surcharges you can expect to pay on a BAEC redemption.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

For a HOU-HNL coach fare, ITA lists the following taxes/fees:
US Transportation Tax (US) $14.11
US Alaska/Hawaii Departure Tax (US) $16.40
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) $10.00
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) $16.50
US Flight Segment Tax (ZP) $14.80

Note, not all of the above are fixed fees: the US Transportation Tax is calculated as a percentage of the base fare (7.5%) and thus works out as zero against a redemption fare.

linda705 Apr 10, 11 12:14 pm

Thanks! Thanks for sharing the link to the ITA website.

riposte Apr 10, 11 12:35 pm

Does anyone know if you can still qualify for this offer if you already hold a UA Chase Visa?

infamousdx Apr 10, 11 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by riposte (Post 16193457)
Does anyone know if you can still qualify for this offer if you already hold a UA Chase Visa?

That is up to Chase but if you don't have too many accounts already open with them (3+), then you should still be approved (credit pending) and you would qualify for this.

guv1976 Apr 10, 11 2:44 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Prospero

You can use the ITA website to estimate the amount of taxes/fees/surcharges you can expect to pay on a BAEC redemption.

Note, not all of the above are fixed fees: the US Transportation Tax is calculated as a percentage of the base fare (7.5%) and thus works out as zero against a redemption fare.

I believe that some of the fixed fees only apply to cash tickets, so the BA fees for an award ticket HOU-DFW-HNL are likely to be minimal. A dummy booking done at ba.com will display the actual fees.

flyingnomad Apr 10, 11 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by riposte (Post 16193457)

Having another Chase-issued frequent flyer program card (UA) itself will not cause you to be ineligible for this offer (I have both). As infamousdx has mentioned, it is a function of your total credit relationship with the bank.

rufftackle Apr 10, 11 6:01 pm

Anyone else get a follow-up call from Chase after submitting the application?

I applied for the BA Visa from my Chase.com account. I just got a call from Chase's fraud department just now to ask a few security questions such as who my car loan was through, a previous address of mine, and some other questions. I don't remember going through any of these questions when I opened up my UA Chase credit card.

After I answered her questions she put me on hold to finish submitting the application and came back saying it was successfully submitted; however the approval decision would be mailed within 14 days.

jenlong Apr 10, 11 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 16192052)

So an award flight from ORD-HNL on American would just require us to pay these/similar taxes?

rufftackle Apr 13, 11 4:21 pm

Anyone receive their card yet?

I just called the Chase Credit Card 800# to check the status of my application. The automated system said I was approved, announced my credit line and interest rate, and said I should have received the card by now.

Has anyone else gotten their BA Chase card from this offer? I think last Wednesday was when I applied and then received a follow-up call on Sunday. I wouldn't think this would be enough time to have already received the card.

The system gave me the option to report that I had not received the card, but I chose not to select it as I didn't want the one in transit to be scrapped and have to wait for a re-issue.

Jack Burton Apr 13, 11 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by rufftackle (Post 16213122)
I just called the Chase Credit Card 800# to check the status of my application. The automated system said I was approved, announced my credit line and interest rate, and said I should have received the card by now.

Has anyone else gotten their BA Chase card from this offer? I think last Wednesday was when I applied and then received a follow-up call on Sunday. I wouldn't think this would be enough time to have already received the card.

The system gave me the option to report that I had not received the card, but I chose not to select it as I didn't want the one in transit to be scrapped and have to wait for a re-issue.

Which 800 number did you call?