Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR access arriving on BA7309 ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

CCR access arriving on BA7309 ?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but couldn't find an answer.
I'm on BA7309 in F arriving form SIN and connecting to an CE flight from T5.
As it is a BA ticket, will I get access to CCR ?

Thank you for your help.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:26 pm

A BA ticket, bought as BA stock in First but metal is QF, should grant you CCR access. Anything else would be ridiculous but you never know.

BA rules state a ticket in F is your ticket to the CCR. I see nothing regarding your scenario being a problem. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm.
Perhaps one of our BA T5 lurkers if we're lucky.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:28 pm

It's only F on BA metal that gets CR access. It will be First lounge access for a one world first connection.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Maybe you should phone YF and ask. Or do they only do BA metal too?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Arriving FIRST on BA plane would only allow access to Concorde room.

Any other one world first class flight would allow access to FIRST lounge.

Have inbound boarding card ready to show on entry as this verifies this.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lhrworker
Arriving FIRST on BA plane would only allow access to Concorde room.

Any other one world first class flight would allow access to FIRST lounge.

Have inbound boarding card ready to show on entry as this verifies this.
I disagree. If the ticket is issued as BA7309 then you would have access, if it's issued as QF9 then you would not have access. I've arrived in F on a BA code share / QF metal 4 times over the last couple of years and each time have had no problems accessing the CCR for my onward connection.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:00 am

This was the point I was trying to make. The policy is flawed and ridicolous. If I buy a First class ticket on ba.com from SIN to ARN and a BA flight number happens to be operated by QF, I expect it to make no difference, unless BA inform me. Basically average Joe F customer is presented with some flight options on BA.com, to him/her they are all BA tickets so would expect to be informed if there are less perks if picking one of them.

BA.com is not clear on this policy either.

Please note I am not in anyway criticising Adrian or lhrworker
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I can see the logic though. Access to the CCR being an extension of BA's First product
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
I can see the logic though. Access to the CCR being an extension of BA's First product
But the BA7309 is NOT a BA product. It is a QF product, with a BA price label stuck onto it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:14 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Prospero
Indeed...now by your logic, if you arrive on a codeshare that was actually operated by BA then you'd BA access and you would.

The policy is that codeshare lounge access is always provided by the operating carrier, so I would argue that BA should only provide its lounge when it is the operating carrier.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
But the BA7309 is NOT a BA product. It is a QF product, with a BA price label stuck onto it.
I was referring to the point made by Adrian up thread. Apologies if this was not clear.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
This was the point I was trying to make. The policy is flawed and ridicolous. If I buy a First class ticket on ba.com from SIN to ARN and a BA flight number happens to be operated by QF, I expect it to make no difference, unless BA inform me. Basically average Joe F customer is presented with some flight options on BA.com, to him/her they are all BA tickets so would expect to be informed if there are less perks if picking one of them.
If you book QF operated flights on ba.com, you get the information about the flights:

Operated by Qantas Airways Ltd
Charges may apply for food and drink. Please check operating carrier website for details.
Baggage allowance may differ for flights operated by another carrier. Please check operating carrier website for details.

While it doesn't refer to different lounge access policies, it is enough of a warning that all might not be as on BA.

A codeshare is nothing more than BA selling someone else's product, with the service (or lack of) and frills (or lack of) determined by that company.

Try taking the "BA flight" from LGW to BUD, FLR, DUB, INV, and if you're expecting anything remotely similar to the BA product, you are in for a shock.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hedwig
I disagree. If the ticket is issued as BA7309 then you would have access, if it's issued as QF9 then you would not have access. I've arrived in F on a BA code share / QF metal 4 times over the last couple of years and each time have had no problems accessing the CCR for my onward connection.
Last time I was on a QF ticket with all flights having QF codes, so I didn't have access to CCR and got less miles.
But this time it's a BA ticket with only BA filghtcodes and BA GOT MY MONEY! (same miles as if it was BA0015).
Unfortunately MMB is not great help. Under lounge informations I get "Sorry, lounge information is not available for this flight. This could be because you are not eligible for lounge access."
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hedwig
Sorry, but we have loads of codeshares and with IB, AA and QF there are lots of joint business flights. Flawed the policy may be, but it is what it is. BA customers ( on BA planes) have access, others don't. It may well be you have been admitted in error, but you should not have been.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Petrus
Please note I am not in anyway criticising Adrian or lhrworker
Not a problem :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.