FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BAEC membership year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1201247-baec-membership-year.html)

gw76 Apr 2, 2011 1:08 pm

BAEC membership year

Just booked a July GLA-LCY (due to the difficulties now on GLA-LHR) and noticed that all my Silver membership benefits appear still to be in place after expiry of my Silver status (unlikley to be maintained this year) ie seat selection and lounge details. I thought my date for expiry was 1/7/11 and flight is on 4th July. Is it because I booked it whilst currently a silver and then this will no longer be the case on travel. Actual physical silver card says Expires "7/11" - does that mean the end of July ? or will the actual date appear when I sheepishly try for entry at the lounge ?
Thanks

HIDDY Apr 2, 2011 2:09 pm

I thought everyone's membership year date was the 8th of the month? But your card expired on the last date of the following month meaning you could still enjoy the benefits even though you were demoted?

gw76 Apr 2, 2011 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 16148395)
I thought everyone's membership year date was the 8th of the month? But your card expired on the last date of the following month meaning you could still enjoy the benefits even though you were demoted?

Your suggestions have been most helpful. I managed to find the original paperwork and the Membership Year End date is 8/6/11, however the card expiry specific date actually does say 31/7/11. Still a little confused- so do you go by the date on the card presumably ? Guess Im not getting anything for nothing then !

HIDDY Apr 2, 2011 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 16148426)
Still a little confused- so do you go by the date on the card presumably ? Guess Im not getting anything for nothing then !

I believe that to be the case.....maybe a tier point junkie can confirm?

David-A Apr 2, 2011 4:13 pm

Logically you should still expect your benefits to be showing as in place right now for flights beyond both year end date AND beyond your card expiry date - BA have no knowledge that you are not going to renew (even if it is looking incredibly unlikely, etc).

OPebble Apr 3, 2011 12:05 am

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 16148426)
Your suggestions have been most helpful. I managed to find the original paperwork and the Membership Year End date is 8/6/11, however the card expiry specific date actually does say 31/7/11. Still a little confused- so do you go by the date on the card presumably ? Guess Im not getting anything for nothing then !

Although your Tier Point collection cut off date is 8th June you are, however, allowed to use the Silver benefits until the end of the following month i.e. 31/7/11 in your case. Enjoy! :)