FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Need to reach Nicci (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1200832-need-reach-nicci.html)

mickchick Apr 1, 2011 9:03 am

Need to reach Nicci

I'm trying to get BAEC to credit my account with air miles for a flight to Miami. Helpful though the call centre tries to be, their efforts have succeeded only in said flight now being marked as 'ineligible' - before their intervention, it was simply zero-rated. They had previously assured me it was a mistake due to the computer not realising that I had upgraded my flight from WT to CW with my cc at on line check in, and had wrongly assumed that reward points had been redeemed for the entire flight, but in fact none had been used at all.
I can't get into the BAEC sticky on the FT log-in for some reason, so could someone post Nicci's email address so I can bother her with this small, and hopefully easily rectified problem. I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Swanhunter Apr 1, 2011 9:04 am

PM her at BA Executive Club.

heartybob Apr 1, 2011 9:22 am

Originally Posted by mickchick (Post 16141253)
I'm trying to get BAEC to credit my account with air miles for a flight to Miami... They had previously assured me it was a mistake due to the computer not realising that I had upgraded my flight from WT to CW with my cc at on line check in, and had wrongly assumed that reward points had been redeemed for the entire flight.

If I understand correctly, you booked a reward flight in WT and then POU'd to CW at OLCI.

If that is the case then your account is correct - the CW flight is as ineligible for miles as points as the underlying WT reward flight.

mickchick Apr 1, 2011 9:25 am

No, no reward points used to book the flight. Both the WT original booking, and the CW upgrade, were paid for.

heartybob Apr 1, 2011 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mickchick (Post 16141382)
No, no reward points used to book the flight. Both the WT original booking, and the CW upgrade, were paid for.

My apologies - I was mislead by your mention of reward points in the OP.

sunrisegirl Apr 1, 2011 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mickchick (Post 16141382)

But how did you manage to do a WT to CW upgrade? We've been told we can't do two cabin upgrades at the airport because of tax reasons. Only WT to WT+ or WT+ to CW.
Or did you mean you were originally booked in WT+?

HIDDY Apr 1, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 16141761)
But how did you manage to do a WT to CW upgrade? We've been told we can't do two cabin upgrades at the airport because of tax reasons. Only WT to WT+ or WT+ to CW.
Or did you mean you were originally booked in WT+?

The same thought had crossed my mind.

Must have been WT+.

jerry a. laska Apr 1, 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by mickchick (Post 16141253)
I'm trying to get BAEC to credit my account with air miles for a flight to Miami. Helpful though the call centre tries to be, their efforts have succeeded only in said flight now being marked as 'ineligible' - before their intervention, it was simply zero-rated. They had previously assured me it was a mistake due to the computer not realising that I had upgraded my flight from WT to CW with my cc at on line check in, and had wrongly assumed that reward points had been redeemed for the entire flight, but in fact none had been used at all.
I can't get into the BAEC sticky on the FT log-in for some reason, so could someone post Nicci's email address so I can bother her with this small, and hopefully easily rectified problem. I'd be grateful. Thanks.

You can also send Nicci a PM(Private Message). Go to a thread she has posted in and click on her name, an option will be to send a PM. For example Nicci (BA Executive Club) started this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...y-gig-sky.html

heartybob Apr 2, 2011 12:23 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 16141761)
But how did you manage to do a WT to CW upgrade? We've been told we can't do two cabin upgrades at the airport because of tax reasons.

In the OP he said he did this two-cabin upgrade at "on line check in" which I guess means OLCI. Is this sometimes offered as a POU at OLCI? :confused:

Swanhunter Apr 2, 2011 1:27 am

I have seen 2 cabin upgrades offered at outstations.

sunrisegirl Apr 2, 2011 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 16146008)
I have seen 2 cabin upgrades offered at outstations.

Outstations yes, UK no!! ;)
We're told it has something to do with tax in the UK, though not sure exactly what.

That said I've known people upgrade a booking online before OLCI and then be able to upgrade again at the airport. Just not all at the same time.

mickchick Apr 3, 2011 1:20 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I was booked in WT+ and at olci I was offered the option of a paid upgrade to CW, so I took it. I've emailed Nicci (thanks to those of you who pointed me in the right direction) and I await her reply.

sunrisegirl Apr 3, 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by mickchick (Post 16152802)
Sorry for the confusion. I was booked in WT+ and at olci I was offered the option of a paid upgrade to CW, so I took it. I've emailed Nicci (thanks to those of you who pointed me in the right direction) and I await her reply.

Thanks for that. I'm often confused so don't take it personally! ;)

I'm sure Nicci will get this sorted out for you. And I do hope you had a good trip.