Upper Deck for Blues bagged 9 months out

Old Apr 1, 11, 10:37 am

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Originally Posted by andygeog View Post
You've answered your own question (even though you didn't ask one).

By leaving 'premium' seats available for purchase they make more money from blues paying for it, and that's the whole point of the exercise.

As a blue, I've experienced 64K once - managed to get it at T-24. Sure, it's a very, very good seat but it's not worth 80 more than any other CW seat.

In the argument I think I'm with the Golds; I disagree with having to pay to select seats in any event. Especially in CW.
I must say that I agree and disagre with you. Having now done a couple of trips in CW, UD is much better than LD for reasons which have been discussed time and time again. however, Would I pay to get 64K if it was immediatly available when booking? No. Would I pay for any window seat on the UD? Yes. (sounds contradictory, I know, read on...) The strategy is to keep an eye on the UD (For those seats which I can't purchase, I dummy book the flight in expedia and see availability) If it looks like I could get a window seat without paying then I chance it to T-24 otherwise I'll pay for it if it looks a bit thin. However, I would not pay for an aisle seat on the UD. If one was available at T-24 then I would bag it.
Old Apr 1, 11, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Can whomever bought 64A/K or 62A/K on the BA26 on April 25th please change their seat assignments? As a Gold I am now left with 63K and I am not at all happy. So be a good boy/girl and reassign yourself to the main deck please.

The nerve...
Old Apr 1, 11, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
Can whomever bought 64A/K or 62A/K on the BA26 on April 25th please change their seat assignments? As a Gold I am now left with 63K and I am not at all happy. So be a good boy/girl and reassign yourself to the main deck please.

The nerve...
you just cant get the pax these days!

Dont worry at least you can shame them on here after the trip. Be careful they shop at Tesco. You get some funny people there too. I have even heard stories when people have stolen other shoppers trollies instead of getting their own. You know you are hading a bad day when your morning shop starts off like that.
Old Apr 1, 11, 12:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

The nerve...
You cannot purchase any seat in row 62 and as for 64A/K being booked how do you know these haven't been prebooked by a Gold/Silver etc? You can't assume the people sitting there are blues who have bought it. It may even be a Premier

UD is great whatever seat and 63 K not that bad is it??
Old Apr 1, 11, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
You cannot purchase any seat in row 62 and as for 64A/K being booked how do you know these haven't been prebooked by a Gold/Silver etc? You can't assume the people sitting there are blues who have bought it. It may even be a Premier

UD is great whatever seat and 63 K not that bad is it??
Well, in that case, will these Premiers or Golds please MFU the heck out of there to First so I can get the seat. I am on a TA booking so can't do it myself.
Old Apr 1, 11, 12:37 pm

Ah, you're trying to hide upstairs in a K seat to conceal those jogging bottoms.............. or you have a new pair?
Old Apr 1, 11, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm both surprised and delighted by how often we have managed to get a nice UD pair ... free, Blue and checking in at T-24. I'd estimate that's happened on at least 25% of sectors, possibly more.

Perhaps there are fewer Golds and Silvers on the routes we fly?
Old Apr 1, 11, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, you're trying to hide upstairs in a K seat to conceal those jogging bottoms.............. or you have a new pair?
I only wear those in F.
Old Apr 1, 11, 2:45 pm

I only wear those in F.

I'm sure 63 K will be fine. HKG route always looks busy on the UD. With a bit of breathing in tightly I'm sure you can squeeze out between the window and the seat. I'm 6ft and just under 15 st and managed it (just) from 63 A which I'm sure is the same as 63 K alhtough that is where the crew seats are.

Another mini TR?
Old Apr 1, 11, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another mini TR?
My exact route for that trip is AMS-LHR-BLR (in CW) BLR-HKG-MNL-HKG (on CX in Y!) and HKG-LHR-AMS (in CW obviously) so any TR won't be a mini one.

I am hoping to keep my 100% upgrade hit rate on CX so maybe that part will be a little bit more interesting... No problem (or cost associated) with reserving exit seats on CX though.
Old Apr 1, 11, 3:16 pm

My exact route for that trip is AMS-LHR-BLR (in CW) BLR-HKG-MNL-HKG (on CX in Y!) and HKG-LHR-AMS (in CW obviously) so any TR won't be a mini one.

I am hoping to keep my 100% upgrade hit rate on CX so maybe that part will be a little bit more interesting... No problem (or cost associated) with reserving exit seats on CX though.
Good luck with your hit rate and check in options on the UD ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: