AmEx MR to BA - advice needed

Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
AmEx MR to BA - advice needed

I noticed that AmEx IDC Centurion has a promo until tomorrow where you get 30% more miles when you transfer MR points to BA miles. I have about 440.000 MR points, and I consider transferring them to BA giving me 572.000 BA miles. I just got BA membership today, and know nothing about the program. Would you guys say that this transfer is worhtwhile compared to other programs?

Thanks for all advice!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flux
I noticed that AmEx IDC Centurion has a promo until tomorrow where you get 30% more miles when you transfer MR points to BA miles. I have about 440.000 MR points, and I consider transferring them to BA giving me 572.000 BA miles. I just got BA membership today, and know nothing about the program. Would you guys say that this transfer is worhtwhile compared to other programs?

Thanks for all advice!
It can be a good program, but you have to aware of how it works as there are differences to other schemes.

One thing that catches some out is that you pay taxes and surcharges on miles redemption flights and the amount of redemption availability depends on destination and sometimes needs to be booked well in advance. Also, the best use of miles in in premium cabins rather than economy.

Best bet is to have a read through this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ad-sticky.html

In particular, it links to this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post13303093

Last edited by Paralytic; Mar 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Flux

Thanks for all advice!
where are you based and what sort of flights would you be looking to use the miles for ?

cs
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Thanks for the replies! I am based in Oslo, Norway. Looking for flights in First Class (long haul). I also like the ability to book one-way flights.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:50 am
Original Poster

OK, the deed is done. I now have some 580.000 BA miles! Potentially three return trips Oslo - Honolulu in First Class. Not too shabby. Makes my annual Centurion fee worth it! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.