Taste of London 2011

Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Taste of London 2011

Taste is happening again this year from 16-19 June in Regent's Park. It will be sponsored again this year by BA (excellent).

More details at:
http://london.tastefestivals.com/

Tickets available now at:
http://www2.seetickets.com/tasteoflo...er2=multitaste

Get 2 tickets for Ł30 here + free drink at Youngs pub! [ but only Thurs & Fri]:
http://www.seetickets.com/tasteoflondon/?pass=TOLC435

The BA page promoting the event is:
www.ba.com/taste which includes links to some offers.

Personally, last year, I found it a very pleasant event with a wide variety of food (although it's easy to spend those crowns...) and if you are a Silver/Gold/Premier card holder you have access to the Galleries Tent. The latter was fantastic - a fine array of nibbles including cheese, wine and champers. Also, a real opportunity to speak to some of the BA staff including those responsible for food. Highly recommended!

Last edited by jameslon; Jun 16, 2011 at 8:45 am Reason: Added detail for BA offers
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I attended the Sydney event last week. It was very good but very expensive! Not sure that I would do it again.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ahhhhh - I missed last year hoping to attend this one.

I'll be in Mauritius sampling Alain Ducasse's grub.

Roll on Taste of London 2012!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
I'll be in Mauritius sampling Alain Ducasse's grub.
Much better, frankly - the Taste samples are mostly a pale imitation of the real thing. The best thing about it is the BA tent - just stay there and enjoy the champagne and canapes.

What really annoys me is the fact that they are the worst spammers I know, despite carefully ticking the deliberately confusing "Yes, I want to opt out of junk mail from other people" and "No, I don't want junk mail from you" boxes.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Historically (ie for at least the last 2 years), Willie has been in the tent on Saturday afternoon.

If you've got a BA Gold or Silver card, it is a decent booze-up! Taste is a bit of a rip-off overall (you pay through the nose for a ticket to find nothing is free (for non-BAEC members!) inside and the food on offer is not exactly cheap). For Silver or Golds, though, if you can get a decent ticket deal you can have all the champers and canapes you can stomach for free in the BA tent. And if the sun shines it is a very nice day.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ohhh I'm in London that Saturday afternoon... are Golds/Silvers allowed a guest into the tent??
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andset1191
Ohhh I'm in London that Saturday afternoon... are Golds/Silvers allowed a guest into the tent??
Yes, same rule as a Heathrow BA lounge!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:55 am

Went along last year and had a great time, although never actually made it to many of the 'pop up' restaurants. It rained hard and we just spent the evening in the EC lounge with like minded others, which as mentioned had a good offering of food & drink.

Keen to go on the Saturday, is there likley to be an offer for weekend tickets that come along? May need to be guested into the EC, so if any generous FT'er plan on going along Sat or even Fri evening and would be happy to help then please get in touch.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 am

no Saturday tickets appear available yet strangely
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:52 am

Showing on the drop down menu here - http://www2.seetickets.com/tasteoflo...er2=multitaste
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Showing on the drop down menu here - http://www2.seetickets.com/tasteoflo...er2=multitaste
Oh thanks!
That was not there yesterday!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Keen to go on the Saturday, is there likley to be an offer for weekend tickets that come along? May need to be guested into the EC, so if any generous FT'er plan on going along Sat or even Fri evening and would be happy to help then please get in touch.
No. The last year or so they have not discounted Sat tickets - in fact, they have sold out in advance and were not available on the day.

Tickets for Thu/Fri can be won here: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/esrewa...eaderoffersall
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Earthman
Oh thanks!
That was not there yesterday!
Yes it was! You probably clicked on the 'wrong link' - i.e. if you clicked on the 2 for Ł35 ticket link it excludes Sat + Sun.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Raffles
No. The last year or so they have not discounted Sat tickets - in fact, they have sold out in advance and were not available on the day.
Indeed. Long gone are the days when gentlemen could be relied upon to be free for social events in town on a Thursday afternoon, even in the summer. Whereas Thursday used to be the day of the week for holding society weddings, especially metropolitan ones, nowadays it seems the only way you can get a decent attendance at a weekday wedding is if you get it declared a bank holiday. (My request for such was declined ).
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: UA
Not able to make it...
But going to London this weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.