Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

As an F passenger, how has Quintessentially assisted You?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Apart for cabana bookings or Elemis related requests, as an F passenger how has Quintessentially, either through the Concorde Room team or 14 days either side of your journey, assisted you?

Note: This does not include exsiting members or experiences as a member, only non-members flying BA F.

Last edited by firstclasslad; Feb 22, 2011 at 3:15 am
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I signed up for a trial membership a couple years ago and used it to reasonably good effect (would have been US or Japan, not sure). I've since signed up properly and haven't yet found anyone else that has the global reach/ capability they do.

Sadly service can be erratic and at times really not at the levels that you'd expect, but when they do manage to get their act together they can be extremely useful.

They also appear to vary hugely by office - for example, the South African team are really proactive and pretty impressive, the London team can go the extra mile or might just completely mess up, whereas the US West Coast offices appear to have some real issues.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:44 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Good idea for a thread. Specifically, what CAN they help you with?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I have never used their services besides booking a caba... but my brother uses them all the time for hotels/cars etc and just loves the quality of their service.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Apart for cabana bookings or Elemis related requests, as an F passenger how has Quintessentially, either through the Concorde Room team or 14 days either side of your journey, assisted you?
I used them to book a 3* restaurant, thinking it would be full and they could wangle something. Process was a little protracted. When we turned up the restaurant was half empty so I can't vouch for their ability to add value.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I signed up for a trial membership a couple years ago .....

Great to hear they assisted you EuropeanPete, however, this thread asks how exactly? So before you signed up as a member, please share with us how they helped you as a BA F passenger.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donkeyk
I used them to book a 3* restaurant, thinking it would be full and they could wangle something. Process was a little protracted. When we turned up the restaurant was half empty so I can't vouch for their ability to add value.
Were you originally told there were no tables, before using Quintessentially?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you do a seach on the FT Amex board, you will find plenty of comment about the shortcomings of Quintessentially.

However, fundamentally people ask too much of them (or they promise too much). Let's imagine I run a very popular restaurant which is full every night, although I always keep back a couple of tables for my friends or regulars who pop in at short notice. I am turning away 50 table requests a day from the public. Why on earth should I open up a table to a Q member? The only reason I would do it is if I thought the Q member would spend more than a general member of the public, which is possible although not certain unless they were on the top level of Q membership. And apart from restaurant bookings, all they are doing is sourcing stuff for you online which you could do yourself.

There was a very telling piece in the London Evening Standard a year ago. A reporter rang 10 top restuarants asking for a Friday night table at short notice. All refused. The reporter then called back saying she was the PA of a banker who had just got a £1 million bonus and wanted to treat his wife to a special night out. 9 of the 10 restaurants mysteriously found that they did suddenly have a table available.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: Various
Were you originally told there were no tables, before using Quintessentially?
No, I just went straight to Q.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you do a seach on the FT Amex board, you will find plenty of comment about the shortcomings of Quintessentially.

There was a very telling piece in the London Evening Standard a year ago. A reporter rang 10 top restuarants asking for a Friday night table at short notice. All refused. The reporter then called back saying she was the PA of a banker who had just got a £1 million bonus and wanted to treat his wife to a special night out. 9 of the 10 restaurants mysteriously found that they did suddenly have a table available.
Raffles, I repeat, this thread is not regarding Quintessentially services to its members. It relates to the complimentary service offered to BA passenegrs when flying F (who are not members) - available 14 days prior or following the F flight or in person at the Concorde Room desk.

The Evening Standard example you refer to , confirms high demand restaurants prefer giving their tables to high spending customers, whether it be bankers who have their PA call and disclose their bosses stats or people who will pay extra for membership to private conseige services like Quintessentially, hoping it will make them appear to be VIP/high spenders to those restaurants etc.

So my question still stands - anyone with any experiences please share
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Booked me a Cabana at LHR, plus Spa treatments for me and 2 others.
Booked me a table at a Toronto Restaraunt, top of the Skydome. I know I could have booked this myself, but I had neither time nor internet connection, and was at the airport at the time.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:58 am

I repeat, this thread is not regarding Quintessentially services to its members. It relates to the complimentary service offered to BA passenegrs when flying F (who are not members) - available 14 days prior or following the F flight or in person at the Concorde Room desk.
Is the complimentary service offered to BA F customers some sort of a limited offering, providing a lesser service than to those of there lowest tier membership level?

I have often wondered how i could take advantage of this F benefit.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:13 am

Anyone? Ms. upgrader and I have a BA F trip coming up in a week or so and would love to know how to set up a spa treatment at LHR in advance if we can do that through Q. Can't find anything on the Q website about complimentary service for BA F flyers.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is the complimentary service offered to BA F customers some sort of a limited offering
No it is ongoing

Originally Posted by pazza2000
providing a lesser service than to those of there lowest tier membership level?
The Quintessentially website does not indicate different tier levels. I was under the impression you're either a member or not.

thanks Macspreader. Restaurant bookings seem to be one of the most sort after requests.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
A friend of mine has got many tables at short notice in trendy restaurants using names like David Sainsbury. He pays using cash of course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.